I would like an ethnic rhinoplasty for a more defined nose. What would you recommend? (photos)

Hello, my name is Don, I am 23 years old and I live in Holland. For my nose I'd really like to have a more narrow and defined nose. One doctor in Manila, Philipines, advided me this: "to augment the bridge with an implant, infracture the nasal bones and do alarplasty or trimming of the sides". It sounds really good to me. Tho I'd really like to have a second opinion. What do you think?

Asian rhinoplasty using autologous grafts

For dorsal augmentation during Asian rhinoplasty, there are many different options including using your own tissue or using synthetic implants.  Autologous grafts have the advantage of providing permanent results in a safe, predictable manner.  Synthetic grafts can produce acceptable results temporarily, but will not yield a permanent result.  

Nasal narrowing, implant

Yes, Don, you will need nasal bone fractures to narrow the boney pyramid. From the side view, you have a cartilaginous bump that needs to be taken down before an implant is inserted.  How narrow do you want your nose. maybe an implant is unnecesarry.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty

You would benefit from dorsal augmentation and maneuvers to revive your tip such as grafting. I am not convinced you need osteotomies or alar reduction.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon