Should I Be Nervous?

I want to get the Bbl done by a certain doctor I'm still doing my homework on! Should I be concerned being as though I'm all of 37 this year in September. Am I being a little shaky?

Nervous Before Surgery

+1

Hello. Some pre-surgery anxiety is normal. The best thing that you can for yourself is to find an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon doctor and make your desires very clear before the surgery.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Nerves before surgery

+1

Being nervous before surgery is a normal emotion.  Freaking out isn't(for most people).  You should always have a good feeling about your doctor and his office.  She/he should take the time to answer your questions and make you feel comfortable.  If you feel uncomfortable then there is an issue.  Always check the credentials of your doctor, the anesthesia providers and the facility.  If you have a bad feeling in your gut, don't do it!

Good luck, and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD

Anire Okpaku, MD FACS

Surgery and nervous

+1

it is normal to be nervous before surgery, but too uch anxiety and pannic is not normal. You need to talk with the doctor and have all your questions answered before surgery. Also what measures are taken to decrease the risks of the surgery, where the surgery is done, if it is in an office facility, ask if the facility is acrrideted and fully equiped.

is your surgeon board certified plastic surgeon (american Board of Plastic Surgery)?

Who is administering anesthesia/ is it a Board certified Anesthesiologist?

Meet with your surgeon at least twice before surgery, does he/she give you the time needed before and after the surgery?

Discuss all aspects of surgery, where the fat is taken from, how many sites, should not create a  deformity from the liposuction. does the liposuction enhance the buttock?

Cost, and who is responsible for what is revision is needed?

Finaly taking care of yourself and body at 37 is not shaky. It is normal to want to look your best, and love the person you see in the mirror.

Are you doing the procedure for you or some one else?

You should do it only for you.