Very Nervous About Getting Upper Eyelid Bleph, is There Any Doctors in Maine or New Brunswick That Will Do an IV Type Sedation?

trying to find someone somewhat near the border if possible who does the IV type sedation and wondering what the approx cost would be? got wisdowm teeth out that way and it was exellent.. got a local done for some stitches before on another part of the body and it was not very good, so can't imagine going through that on my eyelids.. any help/feedback would be appreciated.

Upper Eyelid blepharoplasty sedation

+1

Most plastic surgeons doing only an upper eyelid blepharoplasty would be able to make their patients comfortable during the operation in many ways. Certainly IV sedation is possible but is too much for many patients and increases the cost considerably. In my practice for healthy patients th epatients are given a combination of pain reliever and antianxiety medications (usually Vicodin and Xanax) which makes them sedated and comfortable as well as relaxed. Quiet music in the background adds to the peaceful feeling. The operation takes well less than an hour and most patients fall asleep for at least part of the time. I certainly offer my patients theoption of a deeper IV sedation if they are particularly nervous but this is unusual that they need it. If you go the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons you will be able find all of the doctors in your area who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Please call their offices and ask the staff how the procedure is done. You do not seem like someone who would be good to have the operation under a straight local anesthesia. Good luck!