What is the First 12 Hours After a Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck Like?

My surgery is schedule in 4 days. Pretty nervous. I have never had anesthesia before. What is the first 12 hours like after surgery? Did anyone ever get too anxious before their surgery and require some kind of 'chill pill'? What is it like waking up? I am in pretty good shape, I run 20-30 days/week, don't smoke or drink, etc. Is it normal to have this much anxiety?

Combination Surgery

+1

Most patients have some sort of anxiety as their surgery gets closer.  The first 12 hours you will probably be fine as the anesthesia is still on board.  It is day #2 that most patients feel the surgery and the long anesthesia time.

Keep a positive attitude and make sure you have help.

Good luck.