Rhino, bra line back lift, T-scar brachioplasty & full lipo to back questions. Are these too many major procedures?

Having Rhino, bra line back lift, T-scar brachioplasty & lipo to full back done in less then 3 weeks. Are these too many major procedures? How can I lessen risks of complications. I'm overall healthy but overweight at 178 pounds & only 5 feet tall. Doctor will only operate if I lose an additional 10 pounds. Biggest fear are blood clots then pain. Appreciate any suggestions or comments. Thanks in advance from taking time from your busy schedules to answer question(s) from a complete stranger :)

Lots of questions to answer and some to ask.

+2

You ask how to decrease your risk and optimize your result and there are some things you can do.  Certainly any liposuction done in an office OR can be up to 4000 cc if done alone or 1000 cc (2 lbs) if combined with other procedures.  The longer you are under anesthesia the greater the risk.  Being significantly overweight increases your risk.  Will your doctor have an assistant to help with the suturing as there is a fair amount.  In my habds a classic brachioplasty takes about 2 hours of surgery time and the back an additional 2 hours with all that is being done.  Finally the nose can vary depending upon whether it is a closed or open rhinoplasty, is there cartilage grafting involved, is there septal work involved.  You might want to consider breaking this into at least 2 surgeries and try losing a significant amount of weight to minimize your risk.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Are Multiple Surgeries Too Much?

+2
In my practice, I limit my patient's procedures to a maximum of a four hour case, and usually the cases are less than three hours. I also have the ability to have another plastic surgeon assist me for these longer cases especially when there is a good amount of suturing, like a brachioplasy, back lift, tummy tuck, etc.
Is the surgery being performed in a surgicenter as outpatient surgery or in the hospital? If in the hospital, are you staying overnight? Do you smoke? Do you have any other medical problems?

The other issue is the non-surgical OR time. The surgeon must start the surgery with you in the prone position to perform the back lift and possibly some liposuction. After those procedures, the staff must take off all the drapes and "flip" you into the supine position to perform the rhinoplasty and brachioplasty and possible liposuction. When you are in the supine position, the nursing staff will prep and drape for the remaining procedures. This position transfer takes time.  Prepping and draping the arms for brachioplasty takes time. Positioning the patient for a rhinoplasty with no tape on the face takes time.

Your total anesthesia time, time on the operating room table, your weight, and potentially your immobility after surgery are a concern.

Consult your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

+2

If you surgeon is an expert at all 4 procedures and total surgery time can be held to 4 hours this may be reasonable. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.