Are nerves like mine normal?

Is it normal to be as nervous as I am. Surgery is Wed. I'm 53, 158 lbs. 36 A (if IM lucky) and wanted this forever, but now feeling guilty and very scared....

BBA

+1
Some anxiety is to be expected.  I don't know how nervous you are though.  You may want to discuss this with your PS or primary care provider and discuss some anti-anxiety medications before your surgery.  Best of luck!

Are nerves like mine normal?

+1
Short answer is yes. Understand that this is still surgery and that makes most people nervous. Remember how far you have come already. If you think back, you were probably a bit anxious to even start the process of breast augmentation consultation and again when you decided to proceed with surgery.
Now is the time to remember that part of the "nerves" you discuss will be due to the excitement of starting a new chapter in your life. This is good positive energy and taking the time to focus on that will be of great value for you going forward.
Take the time to let your surgeon know that you are nervous and discuss with him/her why you feel this way so you are best prepared for the day of surgery.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

Breast Augment

+1

It is normal to be nervous, I tell my patients they should be 50% scared and 50% excited I dont like it when they are 100% of either, if you have any concerns or questions ask to speak to your surgeon the night before surgery

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Are nerves like mine normal?

+1

Some amount of anxiety is expected before any surgery. It is better to seek reassurance from your surgeon, who knows you, than from surgeons who have never seen you.

All the best.