Nerve Pain 6 Years After Tummy Tuck?

I had a tummy tuck in 2007, and everything has been fine except for some residual numbness below my belly button. About a month ago I started doing intensive ab workouts (P90X ab ripper and core synergistics), and ever since I've had nerve pain below my belly button (sharp, shooting, burning pain) that comes and goes throughout the day depending on how I move. Is this common, and should I not be doing intensive ab workouts? I was never told not to. Will this eventually settle down?

The development of pain six years after tummy tuck is unlikely to be related to that operation.

+1

Is possible that some unusual form of nerve entrapment is a source of the cutaneous pain. Most of the time this is not the case. The sort of pain you complain of is more likely related to the exercise. It should be self-limited but if it persists check in with your surgeon.

Nerve Pain 6 Years After Tummy Tuck?

+1

If you haven't had symptoms like this for six years, I don't think there is likely to be any relationship to your tummy tuck of 2007. Plenty of patients get a wide variety of aches and pains when they begin a new exercise program.

If this persists, schedule an appointment with your physician.  
All the best.