Can you get nerve damage from having nostril flare reduced?

I had my nostrils reduced 7 years ago. I'm not sure when this all started, but I do get a tingle sensation on the outside of my nostrils where it kind of feels numb. Sometimes it doesn't happen for weeks, other times it happens a lot. I can't figure out what triggers it. It almost feels like they close in on me at the edges. I've learned to live with it and figure the worst case scenarios always happen to me. I went to a reputable facial plastic surgeon. No dr. has been able to figure it out.

Nerve damage nasal ala

+1
Tingling sensation can happen near all incisions and it's something that should become a second nature. It's not necessarily related to the surgical technique.