Is NeoGraft the Best Hair Transplant Method?

I Keep Seeing NeoGraft on the News. Is This Best Way to Do Hair Transplatation Now?

Neograft

+4

Having placed over 500,000 grafts with the device, automated FUE has proven to be a superior alternative to decreasing the morbidity associated with strip surgery.  You must consider the experience of the physician using the device.  It has a steep learning curve and in the right hands, much like many other procedures, offers a safe alternative to the conventional strip method.  

Dr. Malouf

Dallas Dermatologist

Neograft

+2
I have had over 13 years of experience in hair transplantation, and I feel the NeoGraft FUE device is a great way of harvesting FUEs without leaving a visible linear scar on the harvest area (back of the scalp). Realize that some surgeons do the FUE with a manual skin punch and others use the new robotic hair transplantation system by Artas. Each of these have their place in hair restoration. I feel the NeoGraft is a great tool is harvesting large number of grafts (<2000) in the quickest time. However, it is dependent on the skill of the person using it. The Artas system uses a robotic system that is more consistent in graft quality results. I would not do NeoGraft if the case needed over 2000 hairs, since the surgeon might get fatigued and the later grafts might not be as good as the earlier grafts. Over 2000, I recommend the robotic system for consistent graft quality and results.

Omeed Memar, MD, PhD
Chicago Dermatologist

NeoGraft Device for Hair Transplant

+2

I am disappointed to see as many inaccurate statements in the above comments, and unfortunately they only serve to further confuse the public.  NeoGraft is a device that removes follicular unit grafts one at a time-  a well-used technique called FUE.  Just because the NeoGraft device is used does not mean that this is the only way to do the FUE technique, nor is this a guarantee of a high rate of regrowth.  It is only a tool, that does not assure an aesthetic result.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Hair Transplant Method

+2

NeoGraft and Accugraft are the latest technologies available for hair transplantation.  They are in the category of automated Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) where individual grafts are selected rather than previous methods of removing a section of the scalp.  FUE is a permanent option that yields a 95-98% success rate.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

FUE Hair Transplant with Neograft vs without

+2

Neograft is essentially FUE harvest with a dental drill combined with suction extraction.  Very few hair transplant specialists use the pneumatic device to implant and as such this aspect is more of a gimic.  Other power assisted devices exist which are are also modified dental drills or dermabraders. The key feature is to avoid transection of the grafts which is best accomplished by using the sharped punches and careful handeling on removal.  This can be accomplished just as well manually if not better than with the use of the suction device. The future may be with Robotics however robotics does not eliminate the potential for transection as there is no tactile feel with a robotic device.

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neograft Hair Restoration

+1
Our Neograft patients report less pain, quicker recovery, and outstanding results. Follicular Unit Extraction means no long, linear scar, and patients can then wear their hair short if desired. Neograft automates this process, making it quick, reliable, and gentle on the grafts.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neograft Is the Best Hair Tranplant Procedure : I Have Had it Myself!

+1

The Neograft procedure has many advantages to other methods that are being performed:

• No linear scar. As a matter of fact my team helps to hide scars that have been performed by the strip method.
  • Less invasive than the strip method
  • No staples, no Stitches
  • Large areas can be performed in a single session
  • Fast Recovery time
  • Less expensive than manual or robotic procedures
  • 92-98% graft Survivability'

Not only do I believe in it I have had it myself. I am writing to you one day after having the procedure! My team performs the procedure at my Sterling Heights, Michigan location. Interested clients from outside of Michigan can easily access us and we help to set up travel plans.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Is Neograft the best procedure?

+1

Neograft is an excellent, less invasive method of hair transplant/replacement. Individual follicular units are extracted from the donor site of the patient as opposed to a large strip being excised from the back of the head. The recovery is much easier for patients than the older strip method and patients are extremely pleased with the results. With any method of hair restoration, your procedure is only as good as the team performing it. Because the procedure has a brand or name doesn't make it great or best, despite advances in technology, like so many other cosmetic procedures, your results will be dependent on your provider so choose someone you are comfortable with and confident in.

Grant Stevens, MD

Experience of the surgeon more important than Marketing hype

+1

Consider non surgical methods such as Rogaine for now. There are many methods of hair transplantation.  Wanted them RFUE and another can be a surgical flap.  Grafts can be taken with as few as one hair follicle or multiple follicles.  The quality of the hair, the number of follicles per unit and the location in which the hair is to be placed are all important determinants in the final result.  While it is a common misconception that hair can and should be taken from any location, taking appropriate hair from an appropriate location is key to success.  For instance, one cannot always use hair from a beard to replace a frontal hairline.  The orientation in which Harris placed is also important.  If the frontal hairline is being created then it is important to make sure that hairs are aligned in the correct orientation.  The way the hair is also laid down, for example a staggered pattern versus a straight line will also change the quality of the result.  You should certainly visit with a surgeon who does many of these types of transplantations as well as offers multiple options for hair restoration.  The cost can vary by geographic locale.  In general they can arrange from $7000-$25,000.  When you go over consultation ask for before and after photographs.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

NeoGraft for Hair Transplant

+1

Yes, we believe that the NeoGraft automated hair extraction device is the best method for hair transplantation surgery. Whether the Strip Method or Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE/NeoGraft) method is used, the implantation of the individual hair follicle is essentially the same. The difference between NeoGraft and the older techniques is that NeoGraft is minimally invasive and can produce an inconspicuous donor site. The Strip Method (an older method) typically involves taking a strip of hair and its surrounding skin from the back of the scalp, then closing the wound. This can result in a large scar that stunts hair growth along the incision line; extremely noticeable for those with short hair. The new, breakthrough NeoGraft technology harvests hair follicles from the back of the head individually and within several days begins to heal in such a way that is discreet, with no scarring. The donor area, or the area where the hair is obtained, can be harvested on several occasions allowing for repeated procedures over time. NeoGraft will provide you with the natural result you are looking for. All the best –Dr. Cohen

Michael D. Cohen, MD