Negative Effects of Skin Tag Removal?

I went to a spa in February to have myskin tags/moles removed and my face has not healed yet. I have dark brown spots all around my temple and eyes. I can't help but to wonder if the person knew what he was doing. He only applied a numbing cream to a small portion of the area he lasered. This means that I could feel the excruciating pain and even smell my skin burning. He "zapped" me in 70 spots at three times each. How do I remove the spots from my face? I already have additonal facial problems

Skin Lesions Should Be Removed By Dermatologists

+2

In general, it is better to see a board-certified dermatologist to have lesions evaluated and removed.  Not only do we have the experience to know safe (benign) skin growths from potential dangerous (cancerous) ones, but we know how to properly remove skin growths like skin tags to yield excellent cosmetic results. It sounds like the person you saw wasn't a dermatologist and may not have known how to properly remove the skin tags. I hope your next experience is a much better one.

Skin tags should only be removed by physicians!

+2

My guess is that your technician didn't know what he was doing, quite frankly. Many people use machines or cauterizing tools to do treatments like this, but if you don't actually numb with lidocaine injections before you do it, you burn and disfigure the skin. See a board-certified dermatologist to go over your concerns, and do NOT go to a med spa for treatments like this - it's exceptionally dangerous, which unfortunately, you've now witnessed yourself.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Skin Tags

+2

Skin Tags and Moles should be treated only by a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist. SPA is not the appropriate place to get medical and surgical care.

Cosult a plastic surgeon for appropriate diagnosis and treatment

Negative consequences of skin tag removal

+1
Skin tags removed by a highly trained physician such as a dermatologist will give you the best results and no marks or scars. As well, on many occasions, I have diagnosed skin cancers and other concerning lesions in the neck or other area and has the lesions biopsied or excised which likely saved the patient's life. Don't trust your skin and overall health to anyone that is not sufficiently qualified. Trying to fix the mistakes of others is very expensive and sometimes not all the marks or scars can be fixed. Value yourself and your health and your beauty going forward. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon