What needs to be done now? I had a neck lift with lipo done 23 weeks ago? (photo)

Picture 1 is 16 weeks post op. I went in for a revision at 18 weeks post op and had liposuction of the chin that was filled with water under local anesthesia in office. The 2nd and 3rd picturess are 4 weeks post revision and it looks worse than before. I was told to wear the chin strap 1 week 24 hrs a day and the next 2 weeks at night. I am still wearing the chin strap due to the pouch. What did the doctor do wrong now and how can this be fixed?

Revision of neck lift is likely necessary.

+2

Thank you for your photographs. I am sorry to hear of your experience. Exam is necessary for accurate recommendation. However based on your photographs it appears that inadequate skin was removed laterally during your procedure. My suspicion is that your neck lift was done entirely from beneath the chin and that posterior incisions around the year were not done to pull the skin tight on the sides.Be sure to consult your plastic surgeon and if you're not confident in the advice seek a second opinion.

Revision after Revision Neck Lift?

+2

Obviously, there is some skin gathering in the central upper neck, likely due to suboptimal skin redraping postop. I would advise against an early second revision surgery and allow for monitored healing to progress at least another 6 months. Although there will be improvements over this time, I still believe that you will require revision surgery in order to allow the skin to redrape in a more natural and smooth way. No more fat should be removed as you have already a very thin neck without fat excess.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift Revision

+2

From your photos it appears that the your issue is excess skin laxity under the chin. Liposuction will not improve skin laxity, and in many instances removing more volume in the area will actually cause skin laxity to worsen. I would suggest a full face/neck lift to allow satisfactory redraping of the skin in the neck and lower face. A platysmaplasy might also be needed. It is difficult to truly diagnose your issue without in person consultation. I suggest you follow up with a board certified facial plastic surgeon specializing in facelift surgery. Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

What needs to be done now? I had a neck lift with lipo done 23 weeks ago?

+1

A lower face and neck lift may be the best option to remove the excess skin.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Necklift revision

+1

Based on the photos you provided and the length of time postoperative that you are, it looks like there is still an excess of skin. The only way to properly remove this is with a full face lift (a misnomer, because it's usually a lift of the lower face and neck). This allows the removal of the excess skin and redraping of the remaining skin in the lower face and neck.

Seek out a plastic surgeon who is well trained in aesthetic surgery and specializes in facelifts in their current practice.

Luis H. Macias, MD

+1

Need before photos posted to compare! But my guess is you needed a FULL neck lifting and receive a mini one. Than to compound this a revision via lipo made this worse.. Best to obtain IN PERSON second opinions..

Neck lift

+1

At 4 weeks after your revision procedure, you are still in the "lumpy bumpy" phase of wound healing. It's too early to draw any conclusions about the final result. I'm not sure exactly what was done here, but there are many factors that influence the final result after a surgical lift including the procedure chosen, the surgeon performing the procedure, and the patient's anatomy and skin elasticity. At this point, it's best to have a bit of patience and make sure your surgeon knows your concerns.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD