What Do You Think Needs to Be Done to my Nose? But I Definitely Want It to Be Smaller.

I don't really know what I want. What do you think ?

African American nose surgery

+1

Your photograph suggests that the nostrils are rather wide for your face.

Often in African Americans, the dorsum (top of the nose) and the tip are very low, making the nose look low and wide.

Your options would include -

• a tip reduction, done in the office with local anesthesia to narrow just the nostrils.
  • a full rhinoplasty with a cartilage or other graft to raise the nose a bit, define the tip and narrow the nostrils.

If you consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a thorough evalulation, s/he can discuss in detail what you would like to improve and the best way to get it!

Wants a 'Smaller' nose

+1

I think you're trying to say that you're not sure what a surgeon would recommend but you are at least bothered by the size of your nose. Your photos give the impression that the tip and nostrils of the nose may be wider than you like. It is not possible to make a very definitive treatment suggestion based on these photos alone. Some potential rhinoplasty patients have trouble articulating what is bothering them. A good consultation will usually allow a patient to understand what can be done to improve their appearance and still keep a natural looking nose. Most surgeons who are skilled in rhinoplasty will be able to help you achieve the look you're seeking. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Afro-american rhinoplasty

+1

If you "don't really know what I want" you should not have surgery. You need to see a few surgeons face to face discuss what could be done,then find out what you want and then pick a surgeon to do it. If you do not know what you want you will have a difficult time judging the results of surgery and are at higher risk for being unhappy after surgery.

Your posted photos are inadequate for a full analysis but it is clear that narrowing the alar base and advancing the retruded columella would be beneficial.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Nasal refinement

+1

It is always best to say what bothers you.  Often patients of your ethnicity desire dorsal augmentation and tip narrowing and refinement.  But an in person consult would help determine your goals.

African-American rhinoplasty.

+1

I do natural noses and therefore you need the tip refined and your nostrils narrowed.  The actresses I have done who are A-A look better but not pinched or too turned up. 

Know what you want from rhinoplasty

+1

In general, if you do not know what you want or expect from a rhinoplasty it is time to do your homework and bring your ideas to your consultation. Your surgeon might know what he likes, and computer imaging can be a useful tool. However if you don't know what the right 'you' should look like, give it more time and effort.

+1

Typical rhinoplasty requests include building up the nasal bridge (making the bridge higher), refining the nasal tip and narrowing the base of the nose. All of these things could be performed for you but it would be very helpful to know what you want changed before your consultation with a Facial Plastic Surgeon. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon