What's needs to be done to correct this? (photo)

I had my augmentation 2 years ago by a doctor who disappeared off the face of the earth .. No surprise I've had nothing but complications, my breast are tender and hurt.. They move all over the place like the implants are swimming in my breast .. They fall into my armpits and make it uncomfortable to try to sleep.. They're always in the way because they move so much ... It hurts so bad whether I'm in a sports bra or just taking it off

Revision Surgery of Breast Implants

+2

An incompetant surgeon is bad for you the patient and bad for the reputation of plastic surgeons in general. The "beauty quacks" create a lot of harm. In spite of your unhappiness with the outcome of your surgery there are a number of ways to improve your result. That might include a revision of the implant pocket, a change in the plane the implant sits in, and a breast lift. Any change would be an important decision that could only be made in person. Make sure you find a well qualified and experienced surgeon the next time around.

+2

Who was your surgeon? Was he a boarded PS? Next step to to see IN PERSON a boarded PSs in your city and have a costly revision.. Sorry for the issues....

Breast pain 2 years post surgery

+2

Thank you for your question. Like the other surgeons suggested, I agree that tightening and/or repositioning the pocket is essential in your case. Beyond that, an in person consultation is necessary to determine other ways to improve your outcome. Good luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Breast implant revision

+2

I think that it is important to go for a consultation to be properly evaluated to determine what possibly could be done to revise your breasts.

Implant surgery

+2

You implants are much too large. It looks like they can be downsized. You should go with implants around 400 cc 's and make are they are under the muscle.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Unhappy Breast Augmentation

+2

I am sorry that you've had multiple problems with your breast augmentation. It would be nice to blame all of them on 'bad surgery', and perhaps some of the problems are because of that. Unfortunately, some of your issues may have something to do with choice of implant. These are clearly large implants you have, and the likelihood, although you didn't specify, is that they are round, smooth, and saline.

As suggested by another doctor, you could have your pockets adjusted, which entails sewing a portion of the pocket closed around its perimeter to limit the amount of implant movement (capsulorrhaphy). Another technique would recreate the subpectoral pocket by removing the implant from the current pocket and then peeling the ceiling of the pocket's capsule off of the bottom of the muscle and breast tissue, collapsing the old capsule onto itself to create a new and smaller pocket (neosubpectoral pocket). Either way, however, there is a real possibility of recurrent excess mobility due to the implant's qualities.

Pain or tenderness can be caused by multiple factors, and revision surgery, no matter what that entails, may not relieve those issues. Your photos show an asymmetric appearance with your breasts pushed together as well, and one looks like it may be contracted, but this is only conjecture. If it is, that may account for discomfort however.

You will need a thorough exam by a revision breast specialist to determine the problem and come up with a logical, solution. I can tell you though, that you will probably benefit from making a few changes, if applicable. One is smaller implants; this will minimize recurrence both in the early postoperative period as well as later on. The second is changing to silicone gel implants, if these are saline. This too has less negative impact on your body tissue and will not erode the improvements gained by a revision surgery. Finally, you may benefit from textured implants as well to minimize motion.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast implant revision with internal bra

+2

Although no one can give you definitive advice without an in-person exam, it appears that you have lateral displacement of the implants when you lie down and possibly some animation problems when you flex. The implants appear very large relative to your chest size so the weight of the implants is likely to be part of the problem. In this situation, if you aren't willing to downsize considerably, then an internal bra procedure with an acellular matrix such as Strattice, or a newer material called SERI scaffold would be used to form a sort of internal bra and hold the implants up.

Richard Baxter, MD

What's needs to be done to correct this?

+2

A capsulorrhaphy with or without a Dermal Matrix graft (I almost never find this material necessary but it is very popular with younger surgeons) will reposition the implants, but they are way too big and heavy for your body and you should give serious consideration to a significant downsizing also.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+2

From your description, you may benefit from pocket revision to help stabilize the implants and prevent migration.

Breast implant revision considerations

+2

an in-person consultation is mandatory in cases like yours - there are a variety of techniques that can be used to help with implant displacement - including the use of Strattice grafting for improved implant support.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS