I Needs to Close Gaps in Between Several Teeth Including my Two Front Teeth. How Long Would It Take? (photo)

One of my teeth is underdeveloped and will probably need a cap while I have several gaps in my front teeth. How long will it take to close these gaps with traditional braces? I figured it'd take about two years.

Closing gaps

+1

Closing gaps is easy to have done. More importantly is doing it so it looks natural and is stable with a proper bite. X-rays will make sure you don't have extra teeth that are caught in your gums and the bone support around the remaining teeth. Assuming all is ok moving your teeth where they need to be and then bonding, implants, or what ever to give you a full compliment of teeth and a great smile. Time for moving and fixing what ever needs to be done will take about a year. If the bite and back teeth get treatment it could take two years.

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Time to close a gap in front teeth

+1

You are about correct: your case will take about 2 years.  It appears that you are missing tooth # 7, the right lateral incisor.  If this is the case, you may need an implant and crown to replace the missing tooth and the left lateral incisor may need a veneer.  You should speak with both your orthodontist and your dentist to get a plan in place to allow a good final result that will a lifetime.

Seattle Orthodontist