What Needs To Be Done After Lump Is Found In My Breast 3 Weeks Following Breast Lift/Augmentation?

3 wks after a breast lift/augmentation, I felt a hard ping-pong sized lump my left breast. There is no pain. After brief examination, my surgeon told me this was an inflammation and that I don't need to worry about it. 3 weeks later, I asked him if mammogram was in order. He told me is was likely a cyst but definitely not cancer, and we'll do mammogram in approximately 4 months. Do I need to trust him, or should I ask for second opinion? Is he right, postponing my mammogram?

Breast lump after breast augmentation surgery

+1

Finding a lump in your breast can be very worrisome. It is not uncommon, however, to have lumps and unusual sensations in your breasts, especially 3-6 weeks after breast surgery. It would be reasonable to have this lump evaluated further, especially for peace of mind. Non-invasive testing, such as ultrasound or mammography can be performed (please check with your plastic surgeon first to see if mammography is recommended for you this soon after surgery). Be sure to stay in contact with your plastic surgeon so that this can be followed closely.

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Found a breast lump after augmentation

+1

Your surgeon might be right and a cyst has appeared after the lift with implants, however it may be hard for you to wait out the situation. It is very reasonable to consider a breast ultrasound as a simple way to sort out the situation sooner. You could also wait a month for the mamogram. The definately not cancer bit is only a good call after a biopsy proves it to be so.