What needs to be done to achieve my ideal nose? (Photos)

I have a large 'sausage' nose. I have researched for over a year and I know that I want a smaller and more feminine nose, but I'm not sure if I want my nose to be more defined/sharper/pointier. I'd prefer a nose tip which is soft, round and maybe even still slightly bulbous (like in the pictures). What needs to be done to fix my nose? Will rhinoplasty achieve my goals?

ACHIEVING THE IDEAL NOSE

+1
From the photograph you presented, very subtle refinements are all that need to be undertaken.  The upper 1/3 of the nose can be made a bit narrower, and bulbosity of the nasal tip can be improved upon with a variety of techniques.  All of the above would give the subtle refinement needed.  Make sure to have a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Good luck! 

Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1

The nose is a 3-dimensional structures was impossible to give any opinion without a full set of pictures to look at the nose in relation to the face.

The bulbous tip is addressed through tip cartilage suturing techniques and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal when necessary

For many examples of rhinoplasty and to see what can be accomplished with the procedure, please see  the link below  to our photo gallery

What needs to be done to achieve my ideal nose?

+1
I do not see much to alter with your nose.  The tip and the bridge can certainly be refined.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Nose Consult

+1
The width of the nose at the bridge is related to wide nasal bones. By infracturing the nasal bones, your surgeon will give you a more narrow and defined bridge.

The ill defined (bulbous) tip can be modified, narrowed, and defined by removing a portion of the lower lateral cartilatges.

In my practice, I would perform a closed rhinoplasty to achieve these results.

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon