I did needle aspiration myself to remove aquamide from my lips.So first I put saline solution and than I squeeze it out very easly,it vas like kind of fat or pimple.In all that panic because I did it for the first time I am not sure if I swallow some and I am really scared.Can something happend to me if I did swallow?
What Is The Risk Of Swallowing Aquamide?
Doctor Answers (2)
Hello and thank you for the question.
Aquamid is an injectable filler composed of a crossed-linked polyacrylamide. Swallowing small amounts of this material during normal handling is not likely to cause harmful effects. Swallowing large amounts may be harmful. If you are concerned your health has been compromised, I would suggest you follow up with your physician for evaluation.
Lastly, I would strongly advice against performing procedures on yourself as this may lead to complications including, but not limited to, infections, permanent deformity, vascular compromise with tissue loss and permanent scarring.
Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.