Looking for Specialist to Remove Gore-tex Lip Implants in the Los Angeles Area

I had the gore-tex strands put into my lips around 8 years ago. They are very hard and my upper lip is too large. I desperately need a specialist to have them removed. Likewise I will probably need injections to fill the void after they heal.

Lip implants are easy to put in and easy to remove.

+2

There are various great lip implants available to patients today and they all are easy to put in and easy to remove.  Cost to remove implants done elsewhere is roughly $750 per lip.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

The more you did, the more you undo lip implants.

+1

There have been a ton of different lip implants over the years.  My practice is merged with Dr. Drew Ordon's, so there are patients who have been in his practice from the 1980's.  That being said, there are patients with every variety of lip implant use over the last 30 years.  We have a great deal of experience removing them.  Here's a tip.  It's never what it appears to be.  Looks like a single implant?  It's two.  Looks like Goretex?  It's something else.  The key as a surgeon is to be ready for anything.

Ritu Chopra, MD

Lip Implants, Lip Gortex

+1
I used Gortex threads and lip implant on many patients for over 10 years before using Alloderm as a superior lip implant. I have removed Gortex from many patients through small incisions on the inside of the lips.

Removing goretex from the lips and using injections to reenhance your lips

+1

If you have issues with previous implants you can choose to put some more implants in your lips. But your chances of more issues will be increased the 2nd, and 3rd time around. I would suggest fat injections in your lips afterwards or just fillers.  If you are set on implants you can consider silicone lip augmentation. Here is a video below on silicone lip augmentation.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon