Which Do I Need, an Orthodontist or a Cosmetic Dentist For Issues With Front Teeth? (photo)

My front teeth look prominent because: - they are almost aligned in a row, instead of being in an arch - they are slightly pushed forward / protruding - my lateral incisors are wide due to veneers/ buildup I just want them to look more "compact". The measurements might be fine, but I just don't like the way it looks. FIRST 3 PHOTOS: Me LAST PHOTO: The smile I want ("arched: teeth alignment)

You may need both orthodontis/cosmetic dentist to address your needs

+2

You have very nice natural teeth and so you should minimize how much grinding or work you have done.

Your lateral incisors do look too large in comparison to the centrals. The question is: are the size of the centrals correct for your face? are you happy with the size and shape of the centrals. If the answer is yes, then what I would recomend is to get smaller veneers on the laterals and close the spaces with braces or invisalign (and whiten the teeth if you want.) The best way is to take impressions and do a diagnostic wax-up to see the result you want before anything is done. Then based on this, make the existing lateral veneers smaller by reducing them (or make smaller temporary veneers and bond them). Then do invisalign to close the gaps and whiten the teeth with gel at night using the invisaling trays. Once the spaces are closed and the color lighter, then you finish the new veneers on the laterals.

I the answer to the question is NO, You are not happy with the size and shape of the centrals then you may be looking at either 4 or 10 veneers. But you still need to do a diagnostic wax-up to make sure you can achieve the look you want. You may still need braces or invisalign to achieve what you want.

I have not seen the rest of your face and teeth or bite so I cannot only go by what I see in the photos.

Hope this helps

Dr. T

Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Does your smile, make you smile?

+2

On a scale of 1-10 how pleased are you with your smile?  If your answer isn’t “11”, then you’ve come to the right place.  Millions of adults are unhappy with their smile, some even to the point of insecurity and embarrassment.  Six Month Smiles® is a new twist on orthodontics and may be just the thing you need to get the smile you’re looking for.  These is no question that braces are the most widely used and most effective method for achieving straighter, healthier teeth.  Six Month Smiles® has taken this approach and modified it for adults.  The result: a mature, cosmetic dental solution that fits your lifestyle.

Sugar Land Cosmetic Dentist

The Smile You've Always Wanted.....

+2

While these are good answers form the other docs, it seems to me that we can't see any of your lower teeth...why?  Its most likely that you have a "lost of posterior vertical space" of which a ortho may be able to address but, if it where me I'd fine a Neuromuscular Dentist with cosmetic post. grad traning.  In this way we could open your closed space and get the final results I think your looking for!

douglas hauck dds

Newport Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Orthodontics and Cosmetic Dentist to Correct Your Smile

+1

You have a combination of a significant cant  (slanting) of you upper teeth and  large central and lateral incisors.  I think that I would have the slant corrected first with Invisalign or braces.  Once the smile is level, then you can have veneers to make the incisors smaller if you desire.  The total treatment would take about a year, but in the end you would have a gorgeous, level smile.  Good luck.  

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Which Do I Need, an Orthodontist or a Cosmetic Dentist For Issues With Front Teeth?

+1

The alignment of your jaw is important for several reasons. A properly aligned jaw ensures tension distribution with your bite, allowing teeth to wear evenly and naturally. The alignment of your jaw also allows for your teeth to meet in their proper bite position, and helps prevent discomfort such as jaw pain, lock jaw, and even headaches.For more serious malocclusion, is recommend options such as Invisalign®prior to veneer placement. With this option, your teeth and jaw can be brought into proper alignment, and further beautified by the porcelain veneer process.

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Cosmetic Dentist or Orthodontist?

+1

From the looks of your pictures, I think you will do well with a well trained and experienced cosmetic dentist that has a good knowledge of orthodontics as well. From what you described, you probably would get what you want from new porcelain veneers on 8 or 10 of your upper teeth. That way, the dentist could obtain the sizes of teeth and the arch development that you are looking for. He would also be able to advise you, based on your occlusion (the way your upper and lower teeth meet each other), if orthodontics would help or not.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Cosmetic Dentistry Solutions

+1

Braces are for misaligned teeth not teeth that are wrong in size .  Smaller veneers are the solution.

Cherry Hill Cosmetic Dentist