What is Best for Thin Lips: Need Help!

I have thin lips an want them done this month. I've been lookin online an can't seem to figure out whats best. Please help someone. i live in Westland Mich. an been looking around.. i don't have a clue an don't want to make a dumb move with this face, an go to someone who stairs me the wrong way

There are several options for thin lips...

+2

If you are looking to enhance thin lips, there are a few options available for either temporary or permanent results. Many people, when they start lip enhancment, use Juvederm which gives a natural result and lasts for about 6 months. That way, you have an idea what your lips will look like with a filler in them. For a more permanent result, silicone is a great option if performed in a specific manner by a plastic surgeon with plenty of experience. I would make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers the Best Option for Firstime Lip Augmentation

+2

I would recommend starting with an HA (Hyaluronic Acid) filler for your lip augmentation.  For those individuals that have thin lips I counsel them that the goal is a more full natural looking lip that does not look filled.  As a result I find that this typically will take several conseravative injections spaced a month to several months apart.  Depending on how thin your lips are, even with filler you may not be able to achieve the "full" natual look you are desiring.  I would look for someone who has had significant experience with lip injections in persons with thin lips.

Saint Paul Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip enhancement

+2

My advice is to have Restylane injected into the lips by an experienced person.  I feel the temporary fillers are best and they also allow you to find out what look you really like.

Filler or Fat Grafting for Thin Lips

+1

You have two choices.....1) use a filler....I personally like Juvederm which should last 3-6 months and has few problems associated with it. 2) 20 years ago I developed and perfected a proceedure to implant Dermal-Fat grafts from the suprapubic area into the lips. The resulting lip fullness is permanent, your own tissue, and totally natural looking....You can see examples of this at aventuraplasticsurgery.com

Web reference: http://www.aventuraplasticsurgery.com

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Fillers and Lip Implants for Lip Augmentation

+1

IMHO, the best, long lasting material for long lasting Lip Augmentation are Alloderm Lip Implants.  I have used these Alloderm Lip Implants for Lip Augmentation for over 15 years and think they are the gold standard for Lip Augmentation.  The procedure takes about 20 minutes and can be done with local anesthesia.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

Best treatment for thin lips

+1

For treatment of thin lips, injectable fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane or Perlane (all hyaluronic acids - different brands) would be great choices. They are easy to have done with minimal down time or discomfort. They have essentailly no effect on the mobility of the lips as compared to other products on the market. If you don't like the results - you can either allow them to slowly dissapate over around 6 month to a year. If you like the results - then continue with them.

Fat can also be considered as a subsequent options but there are several issues that need to be reviewed prior to electing this option

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Juvederm is best for thin lips

+1

The best alternative for initial treatment to help thin lips is a filler like Juvederm or Restylane. These are temporary and do not last but also they will give you an idea of what you like and dont like plus there are very few , if any risks, if you do not like it.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronic Acid lip fillers are best for initial lip augmentation

+1

Hyaluronic Acid lip fillers are best for initial lip augmentation. They are very safe and if patietns are dissatisfied they will no that the correction will disappear with time.

Chicago Dermatologist

Lip augmentation - first time

+1

If you are having a lip enhancement for the first time, the best place to start is with a smooth hyaluronic acid filler like Juvederm Ultra.  It gives a nice outline and fullness to the lips and lasts about 6 months to a year.  Other hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane and Perlane are firmer, and I find Juvederm works better with the consistency of the lip tissue itself.

In addition to being temporary, hyaluronic acid fillers can be dissolved if there is a problem.

You should get a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in injecting lips.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips

+1

If this is your first time having your lips injected, I'd recommend using a fine, temporary filler like Juvederm Ultra.  This product slowly dissolves over a few months so if you don't like your results, it's not a huge committment.  I'd recommend going to a doctor experienced in lip injections and someone who you feel that you communicate with well.  If the two of you have a good understanding of what look you'd like, the chance of you having a good experience is greatest.  If you have any friends who've had a good experience with a doctor, recommendations help as well.

Web reference: http://www.makeyouperfect.com