If you could tell me about how much that is going to be the total of having it removed if it needs it. Thanks
Do I Need to Have This Mole Removed? (photo)
Doctor Answers (2)
The mole is very difficult to assess with this photo. I would highly recommend that you see a board certified dermatologist for an evaluation.
Mole removal - use the ABCDEs
From this photo there is NO way to tell you if this should be removed, or even if it is a "mole". In general, use the ABCDEs to determine if something should be at minimum evaluated by a trained professional.
1. Asymmetry - One half doesn’t match the appearance of the other half.
2. Borders - The edges are irregular, raised, or blurred.
3. Color - The color or pigmentation is not uniform and/or has shades of tan, brown, or black; or it is sometimes white, red, or blue.
4. Diameter - The size of the mole is greater than 1/4 inch (6 mm), about the size of a pencil eraser.
5. Evolving - The mole or site is changing over time.
If any of these are happening, then you should have it checked by a dermatologist and possibly removed with a biopsy and examined by a lab. The cost for a mole removal is usually $200-$400 depending on how it's removed - shave, excision, etc.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.