Do I Need to Have This Mole Removed? (photo)

If you could tell me about how much that is going to be the total of having it removed if it needs it. Thanks

Mole removal

+1

The mole is very difficult to assess with this photo.  I would highly recommend that you see a board certified dermatologist for an evaluation.

Mole removal - use the ABCDEs

+1

From this photo there is NO way to tell you if this should be removed, or even if it is a "mole". In general, use the ABCDEs to determine if something should be at minimum evaluated by a trained professional.

1. Asymmetry - One half doesn’t match the appearance of the other half.

2. Borders - The edges are irregular, raised, or blurred.

3. Color - The color or pigmentation is not uniform and/or has shades of tan, brown, or black; or it is sometimes white, red, or blue.

4. Diameter - The size of the mole is greater than 1/4 inch (6 mm), about the size of a pencil eraser.

5. Evolving - The mole or site is changing over time.

If any of these are happening, then you should have it checked by a dermatologist and possibly removed with a biopsy and examined by a lab. The cost for a mole removal is usually $200-$400 depending on how it's removed - shave, excision, etc.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD