I Have Necrosis Under my Belly Button. I Dont Have a Hole but I'm Worried It May Develop from TT. Can This Happen?

Your situtation does happen

+1

and in most instances, conservative wound care will lead to a safe ending.  If you tissue loss is considerable, you may need a revision down the road.  Your surgeon should be helping you through the recovery process and provide you the assurances that it will be okay.

Belly button having trouble healing

+1

Having trouble healing the belly button after a tummy tuck is very common.  You may need ointment or dressing changes for a few weeks until everything heals.  Trust your plastic surgeon to guide you through this problem and in the end all will turn out well

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

+1

A small area of necrosis will usually heal just fine. You need to keep it clean and perform dressing changes until it is healed. This is a rather common complication in TT's.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Area of necrosis under the umbilicus

+1

This is not an unusual problem.  Keep the area clean and give it time to heal on its own.  Do not use hydrogen peroxide on the area as it will delay healing.  With proper care this will heal.  If it leaves an excessive scar then it can be revised at a later date.  

Necrosis from Tummy Tuck

+1

Don't worry at all!  The belly button area is the tightest part of a tummy tuck - because the skin is pulled down so tight and then the belly button is pulled up to it - so there is a lot of tension on the wounds there - which can cause a small part of the skin to die (necrosis).  But the body is amazing and it usually can heal on it's own without any problem.  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Small areas of skin necrosis after abdominoplasty usually heal spontaneously

+1

I'm a bit confused by your question but if you are experiencing a small area skin necrosis after in abdominoplasty, usually this will heal with wound care only.