Necrosis from TT?

Is there anything I can do to speed up a healing for necrosis after tummy tuck? Is the yellow/green color on the edges normal?

Hello

+2

Necrotic tissue is somewhat normal especially after tummy tuck surgery. In our practice we usually debridement it and start with the wet to dry with gauze treatment. We usually tell our patients to do it at least 4 times a day that will help with the process.

Healing issues after tummy tuck

+1

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a healing problem after your tummy tuck.  Please follow your plastic surgeon's instructions for wound care.  I am concerned that you are seeing yellow/green edges on your wound.   Please see your plastic surgeon as you may need a wound debridement or additional wound care attention.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dr. Basu

houston, tx

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Necrosis after tummy tuck

+1

The amount of necrosis dictates the treatment.  Sometimes the tissue is allowed to slough on its on and if it is more involved surgical debridement may be needed. Antibiotics are often needed to control infection.  See your surgeon to decide on a course of treatment in your case.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Necrosis at TT incision?

+1

Necrosis or ischemic tissue can sometimes be seen at the edges of the incisions following procedures where skin and fat are removed.  This is usually not a problem and the issue is treated with conservative debridement (cleaning and trimming away some of this tissue) at the PS office.  However, you should be seen right away by your doctor and make sure they see you often (at least weekly) to ensure the best healing. 

Some patients are more prone to develop skin edge necrosis, like smokers, diabetics, or very heavy weight loss patients. This is because the circulation of blood to the skin surface is poor in these patients. Regardless of the cause, this is usually treated at the office and heals up very nicely.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon