Necrosis After Tummy Tuck Heals Will I Get Flat Belly

2 months after tummy tuck im finally heals from necrosis now will my final result be the flat belly i paid for?

Update: Photo added.

Necrosis after Tummy Tuck

+2

I am sorry to read about the complication you have had. Two months is a fairly typical time course for healing after some tissue loss. Without a photo to see what your abdomen looks like now it is not possible for me to make a prediction of your course. From the way the question is asked I would assume that your abdomen is not flat, and here especially a photo would help. If the muscle repair failed due to the necrosis, that is not likely to improve much and would need a touch up procedure in the operating room. If the loss of a flat contour is due to swelling and inflammation in the skin and fat, that will most certainly improve.

Thanks, and best wishes. 

Necrosis after Tummy Tuck And Final Results?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced and I'm glad to hear that you have healed completely. Exactly what the final results of your tummy tuck procedure will be,  only time will tell. In other words, it will take several additional months and even up to one year to see the final results of surgery. During this time, swelling will completely subside and the overlying skin will have a chance to contract and redrape.

Sometimes patients who have had the complication you have experienced will benefit from scar revision  surgery.

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to advise you

Necrosis Post TT

+1

Posting pictures would be most useful.  Without pictures, I can't make any useful predictions for you.  Generally, it will take 6-12 months to judge the final contour results from your surgery.  You still have time to make this judgement.  

Warmest Regards,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Tummy Tuck Complication

+1

Delayed healing after a tummy tuck can cause some increased firmness and scarring but the wound will close and heal eventually assuming the blood supply is in good shape to the skin.  Final results can take up to 18 months.  Follow the advice of your plastic surgeon or possibly seek a second opinion just to make sure you are on the right track.

Tripti Burt, MD

Results after tummy tuck necrosis

+1
I am sorry to hear about your wound issue. Without photos, the question can't be answered. However, it is still early in the healing process. You should continue o followup with your plastic surgeon and to share your concerns.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Healing of Tummy Tuck

+1

Unfortunately without before or after pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  If you had wound healing issues or necrosis after the surgery, it may have taken a long time to heal.  Without seeing the extent of the necrosis, it is impossible to even being to predict what you should expect for your results.  However, the necrosis should not affect the shape of your belly or the look and feel of the incision and surrounding skin.  Please post a picture as I think it will be much more informative.  

David Shafer, MD