Necklift Vs Smartlipo, After Weight Loss with Loose Extra Skin 25 Year Old Man.

Well, I've lost a lot of weight with extreme diets and exercises when i was 17 years old and now i can see the bad part of it, equal, lax face skin, loose cheeks and I don't know if my too tired eyes look is because of this. So I've decided to solve this problem in my life, but I'm quite concerned about residual hypertrophic scars, known as queloids, because my dad had in the retro auricular area after a face lift. Pd:I'm also thinking a faceeyelif nd cheek implants because the cheek loosenes.

Photographs are needed for neck lift evaluation

+2
Photographs are needed to fully evaluate your surgical needs. Please post photos either on real self or if you would like post to my email address below and I would be happy to provide my expert opinion. Best regards!

Loose skin after weight loss

+2

Without pictures it is difficult to determine what the best treatment strategy is for you. Typically, I would advise that facial and neck lifting procedures in patient's as young as you are rarely appropriate. However, I do have a subset of patients with a similar weight loss history and lax skin who can benefit from a neck lift.

If lax skin is the primary problem, then it is unlikely that smartlipo alone will effectively fix this. If there is some fat in the neck as well, lipo can contour this fat and enhance the neck and jawline but again, with lax skin it is likely that you would need a lift as well.

Regarding hypertrophic scars, this can usually be avoided with proper surgical technique. It is important to make sure that the skin is properly undermined and closed under no tension. If the skin is managed properly and you are healthy, meaning you dont smoke, you aren't a diabetic, and you are otherwise in good shape, there is no reason that hypertrophic scars should be a problem.

I would visit with an experienced and qualified plastic or facial plastic surgeon and get a comprehensive evaluation. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD

Neck lift after weight loss

+2

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern.

Sam Naficy, MD

NeckLift vs Smart Lipo in a 25 year old

+2

With extreme weight loss and exercise, there can be a substantial loss in subcutaneous fat tissue with an increase is skin laxity, both in the face and neck. Smart lipo, or laser-assisted lipolysis, theoretically heats the fat and skin, thereby causing some tightening with fat removal. The advantage of surgery is that loose skin and loose muscle can be addressed much more adequately at the same time. There is a disadvantage of an incision, but if done carefully, hypertrophic scarring can often be avoided. One other treatment that may help is laser resurfacing to help tighten the skin and improve laxity. However, these options would need to be discussed in person with a qualified surgeon.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

25 year olds don't need neck Lifts.  If you have excess fat of your neck a simple micro-liposuction would take care of the issue.