Is a Necklift Revison the Best Course of Action Here?

I had a face/necklift one year ago. Then I had a vy plasty done under the chin 7 months ago. This is the result I still have. My doctor wants to do a re-do of the necklift. That means a third surgery. I am really afraid at this point to do more surgery. My surgeon is highly respected and the best in his field. What to do?

Revision neck lift

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you are a good candidate for a neck lift revision.  You require deep contouring of the neck muscles and fat, not just skin removal

Yes, but there are other techniques

+1

Yes, but there are other techniques such as Ultherapy and a liquid facelift.  If you would like a 2nd opinion please feel free to contact my office.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Neck Lift Revision Surgery

+1

Since you still have loose skin, a secondary neck lift is likely the best choice.  I am a little concerned about why you required a V-Y-plasty just a few months after your original surgery and then now need another revision....  Also, it looks like you could have a facelift revision as well as you still have skin laxity and some jowling.  If the original surgeon is comping the revision, then you may consider staying with them.  If not, you may want to go for a few consultations before having the procedure.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Is reviison Neck Lift best for me at this point?

+1

You still have excess skin under your chin, so IMHO, a formal Neck Lift is the best way to remove as much of this excess skin as possible. 

Necklift revision is probably best.

+1

Necklift revision is probably best if you want to improve the neck by removal of more neck skin in the center of your neck. You may want to get a second opinion if you don't have confidence in your surgeon.