Do I Need a Necklift, a Lower Facelift, or Both?

I have had maxillofacial surgery which removed a lot of madibular bone. I now have ptosis under the chin and more fat along the jawline. Can jawline fat be repositioned higher as a pedicle flap (I fear removing it would be aging)? Does corset platysmaplasty always give the best results?

Necklift to improve appearance of jaw after maxillofacial surgery

+1

From the picture shown, it appears that you do have excess fat in the neck both above and below the platysma muscle. This is addressed through a neck lift procedure whereby a one inch incision is made at the anterior submental crease. The fat is removed above and below the platysma. A platysmaplasty is performed by sewing the anterior leading edges of the platysma together down to the hyoid bone. You also have a very large Adam’s apple, which will still be present even after the neck lift.

Necklift vs Facelift

+1

I agree with others responding to your question. Because you do appear young, skin tone is probably very good and therefore excellent results are possible with liposuction, regardless of the technique used. My best advice is to get a thorough consultation from a plastic surgeon or a facial plastic surgeon to discuss all alternatives.

Don't you mean liposuction

+1

I am going to assume that you had a mandibular setback which increased the fullness beneath your chin.  Based on the picture there appears to be more fat than loss of skin tone and/or laxity of the muscle.  I would recommend liposuction of the area.  This can have positive effect on the chin and jaw line.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Liposuction and or SkinTyte (by Sciton) of the Neck may be the best answer

+1

From the photograph your skin APPEARS to be in good condition but you seem to have a small deposit of fat which accentuates the neck. Liposuction of this area in the presence of good skin tone often gives good results and in my opinion is preferable to a Neck Lift which would be better reserved for greater skin looseness and Platysma muscle obliquity.

If you wanted to try a cheaper and non-invasive technique look for a Plastic surgeon with Sciton's SKINTYTE system. The machine heats the deep dermis and muscle while chilling the superficial skin bringing about skin shrinkage. This is done in 4-5 treatments spaced 3-4 weeks apart. You can look it up on YouTube.

Necklift?

+1

From the photo you provided, I do think that a necklift is a good option. Of course, one would want to examine you carefully first.

I do like the corsett platysmaplasty technique a lot becuase it delivers fine and lasting results.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may only need laserlipo of the neck

+1

Without the full examination and feeling the skin quality,it is hard to give a definite treatment plan. From the limited view and amount of the neck fatty tissue, I would recommend laser lipo and Thermage. You seem to be  very young and your tissue will contract well post lipo. Thermage will enhance the result.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon