Is It Possible to Have a Necklift After Endarectomy?

Is it possible to have a necklift after and endarectomy? I would like this percedure but recently had the above surgery. Is a lift at all possible now.

Surgery after carotid surgery

+2

I ahve a little bit different element  to address in your question then some of my peers.  Of course, it is important that you underlying vascular disease has hopefully improved and that you have medical clearance for surgery.  I think another important concern is the position of the scar and the resultant change in local blood supply. When you have multiple incisions in a small area, the skin between these incisions may become compromised.  Waiting some time, like six months, will help this, but you should discuss this carefully with your plastic surgeon. 

Web reference: http://www.tarrantplasticsurgery.com

Neck lift after endarterectomy

+2

A neck lift is an option after endarterectomy as is a face lift.  It may be difficult to obtain good symmetry but can be done.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift after carotid artery surgery

+2

Assuming that your underlying medical condition is stable and you are off blood thinners, there is no reason that you can not have a neck lift after carotid artery surgery.

Web reference: http://innovationsfps.com

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift after a carotid endarterectomy

+2

Once your carotid arteries are cleaned out of their plaques, you are placed on blood thinners usually and these must be stopped prior to a neck lift. If you had such "hardening of the arteries", atherosclerosis, in your carotid arteries, then you may have similar disease in other vessels and you may have cardiac risk factors that would preclude the use of epinephrine (adrenaline) in the local anesthetic that is used for the neck lift. You would need medical clearance by your internist or cardiologist or cardiovascular surgeon after they discuss your surgery with your plastic surgeon so they understand what would be involved with the neck lift and determine if is safe for you.

Neck lift after carotid surgery

+2

A neck lift can be performed after you are fully healed, medically stable, and off of your blood thinners.  You must coordinate with all doctors to ensure a safe outcome.

Is It Possible to Have a Necklift After Carotid Endarectomy?

+2

Regarding: "Is It Possible to Have a Necklift After Endarectomy?
Is it possible to have a necklift after and endarectomy? I would like this percedure but recently had the above surgery. Is a lift at all possible now
."

In a Carotid Artery Endarterectomy, a vascular surgeons cut the neck, exposes the carotid artery (which supplies the face and the brain), temporary closes it off and cleans is inner lining removing harmful plaque to relieve obstruction and prevent future death and stroke. After surgery such patients are placed on blood thinners to prevent clotting.

While cosmetic surgery is possible it should only be done after assuring that the other blood vessels to the brain do not pose a threat of stroke, that you can be safely taken off blood thinners for a few days and that you do not have any other medical conditions, such as heart disease, which may pose a threat.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Facelift after enarterectomy surgery.

+2

Yes, if your vascular surgeon gives clearance for the procedure. I'm sure they would want to wait at least 6-12 months.

Neck lift following Carotid surgery.

+1

Thanks for your question.  In terms of being able to perform a neck lift after a scar from a carotid endarterectomy has been made, the answer is yes, it is possible.  The bigger question is making sure you are healthy enough to have a general anesthesia.  Make sure that you are given clearence by your cardiologist and vascular surgeon prior to going forward with an elective neck lift procedure.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Is a neck lift possible after endarterectomy?

+1

Yes as long as you are cleared by your vascular surgeon and internist as healthy enough to undergo the general anesthesia and the 3 hour operation, you should be able to have the  neck lift.  The good news is that today there are minimal incision variations that can be a good option as well.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Yes, you should still be able to undergo neck lift

+1

After carotid endareterectomy the important considerations would relate to your general medical condition and fitness for cosmetic surgery that should be determined by your internist in consultation with your vascular surgeon or interventional radiologist, whomever performed your endarterectomy. 

Once you have fully recovered and are "cleared" to proceed, and assuming you would benefit by a neck lift,  the plastic surgeon will discuss the details of the surgery with you regarding surgical planning and the potential postoperative differences that you may note between the normal side and the endarterectomy side.

Web reference: http://www.drlevens.com

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon