How to Fade Bruising After Neck Liposuction

I had neck Liposuction and my neck looks like someone tried to strangle me.I do bruise easily though, always have. The lipo procedure itself looks was amazing. I am so pleased about the results. What can I do to help the horrible bruising fade quicker besides Arnica cream so I can return to work earlier?

Neck liposuction bruising usually gone in 2 weeks.

+1

Hi.

You don't say how long ago was your procedure.  We prescribe Arnica by mouth, and also Bromelain.

Treating neck bruising.

+1

That is a million (or more) dollar question.

Arnica is currently one of the most popular salves available for the management of bruises. Others prefer oral arnica in combination with Bromelain.

Some practitioners claim that Vtiamin K oxide creams are beneficial for the resolution of bruises.

Others report improvements with IPL treatments but this has not been validated.

Liposuction and bruising

+1

Congratulations on your results!!

You may try arnica, it wont hurt. I am not sure it will help much at this point. I usually have my patients start arnica about 5-7 days before the surgery to help reduce the bruising. I also have them stop all aspirin and motrin products.

I would recommend for now to stay away from any aspirin or ibuprofen, including alieve.

Farbod Esmailian, MD