I had Neck iposuction 6 days ago and I still see a double chin. Is it just swelling? (photo)

Although I see results I still have a bump that looks like a double chin. Could this be swelling or not enough Lfat taken out? I'm 33 with good skin

Neck liposuction

+1
So far, so good.  You have a nice early result.  Follow your surgeon's instructions as hold off on judgement of a final result for 3 - 6 months. 

Post Operative Neck Liposuction Swelling

+1
Congratulations on your result so far! While it is true that maximum swelling usually peaks within 2-5 days, it is usual for you to have residual swelling for 3-6 months. There also may be some areas of firmness for that same time frame that will also subside with time. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your results! 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Post-op

+1
From the photos, it looks like you will have a good result. You are still only 6 days post-op, so swelling/bruising is all expected at this point. Be patient and continue some compression at least at night and low salt diet. Good luck!

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Most Likely Swelling 6 Days After Neck Liposuction

+1
Thank you for the pictures. Your results look great, but you most likely still have some swelling. Although you may be past the maximum swelling mark, which occurs at about 3-5 days after surgery, some swelling still remains until about 2-3 weeks after surgery. You may also experience some firmness in the area which can last 6-8 weeks. I suggest you wait until the 3-4 month mark to determine whether the results are satisfactory. All the best!

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Liposuction result

+1
From what I can see from your photo, I will tell you that you look as though you will have great results. At 6 days post op. ! What you are seeing is post op residual swelling and is to be expected at this time. I dont  know if you have been instructed to wear a compression garment post op. , but compression is always a helpful component to swelling postoperatively. Good luck
,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Chin Liposuction

+1
There are two parts to the quality of your end result. 1.  Fat removed allows a certain amount of skin shrinkage immediately to provide an immediate improvement. 2.  Additional fat removed beyond what your skin can contract immediately around can take weeks to show its full effect. This is because your skin envelope has spent a long time accomodating the old fat. When it is removed, your skin needs some time to take the shape of your new neck.  I would expect continued slow improvement over the next 6-12 weeks.  Resist the urge to evaluate your result before a full six months goes by.  Given the amount of improvement already present, I'd say you are well on your way.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Improvement after liposuction of the chin may take six weeks or more.

+1
It looks to me as though you're going to have a good result. It six days there still substantial swelling. You can expect this to improve over the next month or so.

Looks Great!

+1
For being only 6 days out, you look great!  Yes, you definitely will have some swelling for many weeks.  Nothing I see here looks out of the ordinary at all.

Be patient, I think you will have an excellent result!

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I had Neck Liposuction 6 days ago...

+1
Dear Cormattlove,

As you indicated, you are only 6 days following your procedure. You have a great outcome to date, even if additional improvement is not achieved. I do believe you will see even further improvement in the weeks and months ahead. Continue to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Liposuction in the submental area reduces the fat that is just under the skin. You may have additional fat in an area that we refer to as "subplatysmal fat". This is not addressed with liposuction but can be removed by placing an incision in the area where your liposuction access incision was placed. Under direct vision the subplatysmal fat can be removed. This is a possible consideration if you and your surgeon believe further improvement is desirable.

Be patient. You look great!
Michael Sadove, MD

A. Michael Sadove, MD

Liposuction

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I believe you're still going through the healing process. This can take from 4-12 weeks for you to see actual results. A neck garment should be worn for 2 weeks after surgery to help the skin stick back to the muscle and achieve smoother and great results.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon