Is Neck Liposuction or Chin Augmentation Right for Me?

I am a 23yr old female looking to improve my side profile. I have a lot of fat under my chin and this causes an awful side profile. It also shows from the front. From what I've read neck/chin liposuction could be a good option. Also chin implants seem like another possible idea.

Neck Liposuction or Chin Augmentation?

+1

A formal examination would be necessary for a definitive recommendation, but based on the limited photos I think your analysis is correct and that you would benefit from both.

Based on your age and therefore implied good skin quaility/elasticity, you would be a very good candidate for liposuction in this area. I would use Laser liposuction for the greater precision of the small laser probe and the enhanced skin retraction. Liposuction could also provide the benefit of improved definition of your jawline.

Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction for partial improvement

+1

Based on the photo you sent it looks like liposuction under your chin could help what is bothering you.  It also appears that a chin implant could add additional improvement. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for a full and complete evaluation to have all your questions answered and make sure that you are suitable candidate for these procedures. Good Luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Could Neck Liposuction or Chin Augmentation help my Appearance?

+1

Only you can decide if Liposuction with or without a chin implant placement may be "right" for you. But based on your photographs, there is no doubt that liposuction could improve your lateral appearance and make your neck appear more attractive. From the little we see of your chin it does appear your mentalis (chin) muscle is balled up suggesting lack of support and augmentation of the area may further improve its appearance. This can be done with a filler such as Radiesse for a long lasting but temporary appearance (which can be easily repeated) or with a surgical placement of an implant.

Neck liposuction - chin implant

+1

A liposuction of the neck should be beneficial. The way your posted photos are bracketed it is impossible to tell if a chin implant would be beneficial or if so what type/size would be best. The chin projection is measured relative to a tangent line between the midpoint of the bridge of the nose and the forward most point of the mid-upper lip. Those body parts are not visible in your posted photos.There is some visible strain of the chin muscle (chin skin dimpling) on mouth closing which is usually a sign that a chin implant is indicated.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Neck liposuction

+1

Based solely on yoru photos, it looks like you may be a good candidate for neck liposuction.  Of course a full exam would be definitive.

Liposuction of the Neck and Chin Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph.  It is besdt to evaluate your needs and goals with more of your profile showing in order to give you good advice.  Liposuction of this area can be very gratifying , particularly in some one young (like yourself) that has good skin elasticity.  Increasing the projection of your chin is likely to give better definition to your jawline and likely better balance to your middle and upper face.  I do not use "implants" for chin augmentation, but prefer cancelous bone chips from a human tissue bank.  These provide a calcium matrix that your own tissue grows into so as to avoid the problems of a foreign body.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Chin Liposuction?

+1

It is hard to tell with the limited view of your face but I think that liposuction of the neck/under chin area would definitely help to give you better definition of this area.  Given your young age and the typically good skin in this area I would expect you to have nice skin retraction and a much improved definition of your jaw line and chin area.  It’s possible that a chin implant might help but it’s difficult to tell in these photos.  Best of Luck, Dr. Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Neck liposuction with a chin augment

+1

We often do neck liposuction and a chin augment together.  From you photographs it would appear that you would benefit from both.  To be certain , however, I would reccommend finding a physician who can also do some computer imaging to give you an idea what it will look like before your surgery.  Another option would be to do some fat injections in the chin and along the jaw line instead of an implant.  It gives very similar results without the risks of an implant.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Enhance the neck profile with a combination of liposuction and chin implants

+1

Chin augmentation and neck liposuction often work synergistically for those that desire a more contoured or defined neck line.  In evaluating the profile one usually considers the whole face in order to determine the appropriate size of implant.  In someone under forty these two procedures often work well together.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

The neck, chin and facial balance

+1

Unfortunately we cannot see you nose. That is important when considering the chin. The neck looks great when you pull back the skin so liposuction would be a great way to go. Regarding the chin, an implant makes the results better but only if the chin is recessed or if the nose is too far out.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon