I Had Neck Liposuction 2-1/2 Months Ago, Does It Look Normal? (photo)

Am I being too anxious and it's too early to see finished product?  It looks very odd to me.

Neck liposuction

+2

2 1/2 months is too early to judge the result of a liposuction but it sounds like you were expecting a different result. With the degree of muscle banding visible in your posted photos it is unreasonable to expect a liposuction procedure alone to give you a smooth neck. If you were lead to believe that you were mislead. Not knowing what you looked like before surgery it is within the realm of possibility that the result is an improvement over what you started with. If the muscle banding was camouflaged by fat that is now no longer there it could become more visible after surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Neck at 2 1/2 months after liposuction

+2

Your neck is probably still healing and you should give it more time to heal. The irregularities you see maybe  due to swelling.  Best to always be seen in person by your treating physician.

I Had Neck Liposuction 2-1/2 Months Ago, Does It Look Normal?

+2

Sorry to say NO. Appears as cavitation results with ridges. Best to seek in person opinions ONLY to help correct this result. 

Neck liposuction

+2

Thanks for your inquiry, but without a good before picture it is impossible to comment if you are experiencing an expected result. 

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Neck Liposuction Results

+2

Without seeing your "before" pictures and examining you in person, it is hard to give specific advice. However, it looks like you may have some platysma muscle bands that are visible, and perhaps still some swelling that could improve with massage and waiting a few more weeks. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Visible banding of the neck after liposuction

+2

Your appearance is one of the real problems with liopsuction of the neck. It thins the covering over the platysma muscle and leaves the patient with vertical banding.  This vertical banding is the anterior edge of this muscle that originates along the clavicle and inserts over the body of the mandible.  The fat is removed and you are left with this banding.  Without pre operative photos it is not possible to judge  your result.  To improve this area you would need a neck lift to bring the anterior edges together.  

Concerns after Liposuction of Neck Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. At this point, most of the postsurgical changes/swelling have resolved.  It is probable that you are looking at close to the final results of the procedure performed. Some skin contour irregularities are visible in the pictures posted;  if these are the areas of concern (look "odd") to you, a face/neck lift may be necessary to improve the outcome at some point.

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource for more specific advice.