Do I Need Neck Lipo or Neck Lift or Face Lift? (photo)

Here are my morphs done by a plastic surgeon

Questions: 1. Do I need a neck lipo or neck lift or face lift? 2. Do I have mouth protrusion(bi-max protrusion)? Is it severe needed to be corrected? 3. Do you agree with the implants? I am 32 male.

Submentoplasty and Cheek Implants

+1

Based on your photos, you may be a candidate for a "submentoplasty" which involves reduction of fat under the chin through a small incision under the chin. This is more involved than straight liposuction and is dependent on your anatomy based on a proper physical examination. The cheek hollows may benefit from submalar or combined implants. An alternative to consider is a filler called Sculptra.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

No face lift at age 32!

+1

Your best return on investment will likely be from neck liposuction, submentoplasty, chin implant, and fat grafting to the cheeks.  The simulations may be a bit unrealistic.

Sam Naficy, MD

Neck Lipo in a Younger Patient

+1
  Based on your photos, you would benefit from a liposuction of your neck.  Your skin quality most likely is quite good and I would expect you to have a good result.  You do not need a neck lift. Orthognatic surgery is quite an undertaking for a purely esthetic indication.  You could benefit from a chin implant, and either a structural fat graft to your cheeks, or appropriate size and style of cheek implants.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift vs neck lipo

+1

I would recommend liposuction and chin implant. Be aware that you results may not replicate the morphs.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction and chin implant

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.  Yes, it appears that with the recommendations you received, you may get benefit in the appearance of your facial proportions. The chin implant and sub-mental, neck liposuction will go a long way as a start.  It all depends to what length and what extent you are willing to go for what some would say is relatively minor improvement. No, I do not think that you need a facelift.  

Also, know that prediction tracings and images are not a guarantee of exactly what you will look like after surgery. Surgery is surgery and it carries risk. One of those risks is unsatisfactory cosmetic appearance.

I hope this helps.  Good luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Neck lift or liposuction

+1
In a young person with good skin elasticity, a little submental liposuction should accomplish what you want in the neck. I also agree with a chin implant. In the cheeks and midface, you need volume. Either cheek implants or even better would he fat grafting to the midface. I would favor fat grafting as you can more selectively place the fat exactly where you want the volume.

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, Facelift, or Necklift

+1

Because of your youth I would recommend neck liposuction and a chin implant. With that approach we would be relying on contraction of the skin after reducing the neck volume. If you are not satisfied with the result a neck lift may be necessary. In your morphs it also looks like fillers or fat were placed in the grooves at the lower eyelid margin adjacent to your nose.

Should I get neck lipo?

+1

Your pictures reveal a retrusive chin as well as excess submental fat. In combination, these both diminish the defintion of the jawline. I would recommend that you keep it simple and choose the options that will give you the best results, are least invasive, and have the least amount of downtime. In my opinion lipocontouring of the neck and a chin implant would fulfill the above criterion. Lipocontouring of the neck will remove the excess fat and enhance the jawline. A chin implant will create more projection which will further enhace your jawline and neck and create a nicely balanced profile.

From your pictures it appears that your midface region has some fat atrophy which means that the natural fat in your cheek region has shrunk. If this bothers you you may want to try fillers such as juvederm, restylane, or radiesse to replace lost volume. If you like the effect that these fillers give you then you may be a good candidate for fat transfer. I hope this helps.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Submental liposuction the simple solution

+1

An Xray will best answer your question regarding maxillary protrusion, and will provide more information regarding the relationship between your upper and lower jaw and the skull base.  This would be essential in patients entertaining the possibility of jaw surgery.  Younger patients will usually not be best served by a face or necklift.   Liposuction  of the neck with or without platysmal plication and a chin implant would be a reasonable solution.

Glynn Bolitho, PhD, MD, FACS

Chin implant and neck and chin liposuction would work well for you

+1
With minimal surgery and limited downtime I think you would see a marked improvement in your appearance by having liposuction of the neck and chin as well as a chin implant put in. The chin implant will improve the aesthetic balance of your profile. Some fat transfer or fillers in the malar region and under lids would also be beneficial in making you have a more youthful appearance and not look tired. I would wait sometime for a facelift and I believe that these less invasive procedures as discussed will make you quite happy. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD