Do I Need Neck Lipo or Neck Lift or Face Lift? (photo)

Here are my morphs done by a plastic surgeon

Questions: 1. Do I need a neck lipo or neck lift or face lift? 2. Do I have mouth protrusion(bi-max protrusion)? Is it severe needed to be corrected? 3. Do you agree with the implants? I am 32 male.

Submental liposuction the simple solution

+2

An Xray will best answer your question regarding maxillary protrusion, and will provide more information regarding the relationship between your upper and lower jaw and the skull base.  This would be essential in patients entertaining the possibility of jaw surgery.  Younger patients will usually not be best served by a face or necklift.   Liposuction  of the neck with or without platysmal plication and a chin implant would be a reasonable solution.

Facelift surgery vs. liposuction.

+2

Without feeling your skin and seeing you it is only a guess. Though you are young, I don't think you could get the neck shown after without a facelift to remove the excess skin. You could just do the liposuction and chin and after a few years the facelift. Cheek implants, etc. are indicated.

Face and neck improvement

+2

Morning,

Here's what I would say about what I can see in the photo without a physical exam.  I think you are relatively young (40 or less).  We'll take this area by area starting from the top:

1.  Maxilla and malar area:  Yes, this area is a little weak.  I would recommend malar/submalar implants for a nice improvement that would look something like your photo imaging.

2.  Your chin:  This would benefit from either genioplasty (cuts to the bone with advancement of the chin) or a chin implant.  The chin implant will be the easiest with less risk and a nice improvement.

3.  The neck & chin complex.  No matter what your do you should probably make the chin stronger.  Give your young age and good skin/tissue quality you could get a nice improvement of the neck and jawline with liposuction, preferably Smart Lipo.  The photo imaging you have created on your profile may not be possible with lipo or surgery if your hyoid bone is too low and forward but you can still get a great improvement.  Surgery for the neck would be more impressive but may not be worth the risk given your age and good candidacy for Smartlipo

Best of luck

Chase Lay MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift or Lipo

+2

Interesting photos. I think you will do well with just lipo of your neck. You have pretty severe malar hypoplasia and would do best with alloplastic implants of one type or another. Not sure your lower eyelids will really rise as much as you have indicated but they will be better supported. Can't tell for certain about the bimaxillary protrusion without seeing your teeth but there is a good chance you have it. You should see a good oral surgeon for an opinion as to whether it is a dental, skeletal or combination problem. Hope this helps.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Submentoplasty and Cheek Implants

+1

Based on your photos, you may be a candidate for a "submentoplasty" which involves reduction of fat under the chin through a small incision under the chin. This is more involved than straight liposuction and is dependent on your anatomy based on a proper physical examination. The cheek hollows may benefit from submalar or combined implants. An alternative to consider is a filler called Sculptra.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Neck lift vs neck lipo

+1

I would recommend liposuction and chin implant. Be aware that you results may not replicate the morphs.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction and chin implant

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.  Yes, it appears that with the recommendations you received, you may get benefit in the appearance of your facial proportions. The chin implant and sub-mental, neck liposuction will go a long way as a start.  It all depends to what length and what extent you are willing to go for what some would say is relatively minor improvement. No, I do not think that you need a facelift.  

Also, know that prediction tracings and images are not a guarantee of exactly what you will look like after surgery. Surgery is surgery and it carries risk. One of those risks is unsatisfactory cosmetic appearance.

I hope this helps.  Good luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Liposuction, Facelift, or Necklift

+1

Because of your youth I would recommend neck liposuction and a chin implant. With that approach we would be relying on contraction of the skin after reducing the neck volume. If you are not satisfied with the result a neck lift may be necessary. In your morphs it also looks like fillers or fat were placed in the grooves at the lower eyelid margin adjacent to your nose.

Should I get neck lipo?

+1

Your pictures reveal a retrusive chin as well as excess submental fat. In combination, these both diminish the defintion of the jawline. I would recommend that you keep it simple and choose the options that will give you the best results, are least invasive, and have the least amount of downtime. In my opinion lipocontouring of the neck and a chin implant would fulfill the above criterion. Lipocontouring of the neck will remove the excess fat and enhance the jawline. A chin implant will create more projection which will further enhace your jawline and neck and create a nicely balanced profile.

From your pictures it appears that your midface region has some fat atrophy which means that the natural fat in your cheek region has shrunk. If this bothers you you may want to try fillers such as juvederm, restylane, or radiesse to replace lost volume. If you like the effect that these fillers give you then you may be a good candidate for fat transfer. I hope this helps.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Chin implant and neck and chin liposuction would work well for you

+1
With minimal surgery and limited downtime I think you would see a marked improvement in your appearance by having liposuction of the neck and chin as well as a chin implant put in. The chin implant will improve the aesthetic balance of your profile. Some fat transfer or fillers in the malar region and under lids would also be beneficial in making you have a more youthful appearance and not look tired. I would wait sometime for a facelift and I believe that these less invasive procedures as discussed will make you quite happy. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD