What Is The Best Treatment For My Flat Neck? (photo)

I am 37 years old weight 54 hight 155, I am not happy with the shape of my neck , it looks fat with loose skin and horizontal line , I might be a keloid former and afraid of post surgery scars, what would be the best option for me to have a flat neck ?

Neck Tightening with Liposuction in Los Angeles

+2

Depending on your skin ellasticity you might get a significant tightening of the neck with liposuction of the neck. The advantage of this procedure compared to a neck lift is that there are only several small stab incisions.

How do I improve my flat neck?

+2

From the picture that you provided I think that your best option would be lipocontouring of the neck. This would help to remove excess fat and create a nice contour to the neck and jawline. This type of procedure can be done under local anesthetic with minimal downtime. 

Todd C. Miller, MD

+2

Having very good success with the minimal invasive Thermigen RF devise. Easy to do under local anesthesia, minimal swelling, fast results seen. 

Neck Rejuvenation

+2

Your problem is not straightforward as seen by the different opinions by various surgeons.  The issue is that the skin needs to be tightened and liposuction alone will not address that.  It would improve the fullness under the chin.  The fold that you have are in the same direction as the vector of pull used for a neck lift.  Therefore, a surgical neck lift would not take care of some of the major folds.  This is true for the thread lift.  Radiofrequency tightening (a fine needle is placed under the skin and heats the skin from underneath causing skin tightening) may be your best choice.   

Good luck!

David Alessi, MD

Minimally invasive neck improvement

+1
From your question requesting minimally invasive improvment and limited photo you might want to consider limited liposuction and some sort of skin tightening procedure (e.g. BBL, IPL, Thermage, Ultherapy).

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Neck contouring options

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo.  Improving neck shape and contour can be accomplished in several ways including liposuction of the neck, chin/jaw augmentation, and neck lift.  Which of these options would be best for you will require an in depth evaluation and discussion of what your goals.  I suspect that Ulthera or Liposuction alone will provide a  noticeable improvement.  Liposuction can be combined with a chin/jaw implant if the projection of your chin is insufficient.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Options toimprove neck contour.

+1

To achieve an improvement in your neck contour, your best choices, from least invasive to most invasive, are: liposuction of the neck and a neck lift.  The liposuction can be achieved through a few small 2-3 mm openings, and will help contour your neck and reduce the thickness of it.  At 37, your skin should still have good elasticity and "snap back" well.  A neck lift would allow you to tighten the skin  and correct any issues with the underlying tissues such as tightening the muscles to define your neck contour.  A physical exam would be required to understand your specific anatomy and tissue characteristics so I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consult.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Neck improvement at age 37

+1

It is important that you mention that you wish a "flat" neck which I understand as excellent definition with a defined chin-neck angle.

Although there are effective non-surgical procedures for face and neck tightening (such as Ultherapy), none of these will accomplish what you are trying to achieve. Therefore, a thorough necklift can provide great improvements with excellent longevity.

I would not recommend neck liposuction.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

In my experience, a patient has two options. One is a neck lift and the other is carefully designed liposuction. More often than not, the two are combined. If you have a history of bad scars, try the liposuction first.This may be all you need. Get an opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Necklift for the flat neck

+1

A surgical necklift  would be the best option determine if that above and below the platysma muscle in the neck. The 2 horizontal  creases cannot be improved with  surgery. Other examples are available on the link below.