Can Anything Be Done to Correct a Bad Neck Lift?

I had neck lift 3 years ago b/c I had a little loose skin under chin. My neck never looked the same; it is worse that before. Now my submandibular glands are sticking out and I look bad from the side and when I bend down. Can anything be done? This Doctor ruined me.

Secondary neck lift

+2

This is difficult to assess via your description and it is possible that the neck skin can be elevated and redraped with ether partial resection, imbrication or suspension of the submandibular gland. The latter is a somewhat controversial topic and not commonly performed by many surgeons due to risks of nerve compromise.

Neck lift revision

+1

You more than likely had noticeable submandibular glands before surgery, and I would not recommend excising them. Sometimes a revision can be done.

Neck lift problems

+1

Something can always be done to help. It may require more than was done intially and the result may not be perfect but should be an improvement.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy after neck lift

+1

There are many issues that maybe causeing the problems you are discussing. Certainly viewing pre and post operative photos would help. Sometimes just losing weight will  make your neck look worse even without surgery. But descended submaxillary glands , not recognized before surgery could become more visible and undesirable. Also, crapiness of the skin could develop when liposuctioning is overdone. So mthere are a n umber of issues. You should see and experienced facial plastic surgeon and perhaps have a redo. Good luck.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting previous neck lift

+1

If you are dissatisfied with your previous neck lift surgery, there may be revisional procedures available to improve your appearance. Prominent submandibular glands are usually difficult to correct and surgery in that area is fraught with risks. Consultation with a plastic surgeon including a full physical examination would be best to help you decide which procedures may best suit you.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Neck Lift

+1

It is difficlut to answer your question without seeing you in person.  However you may need a submandibular gland lift/suspension.  This is not done by too many plastic surgeons.  Some ENT doctors may do this for you.  The neck lift redo is possible if you have skin and muscle laxity.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Revision of neck lift

+1

I am so sorry to hear of your plight.

Chances are that you can be helped.  It is not possible without an exam or at least photos to prescribe a treatment plan, but most things can be fixed, or at least improved, but it will require surgery.  Seek a qualified, experienced, board certified plastic surgeon to do this.  Where in Pennnsylvania do you live?

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Bad necklift and what to do.

+1

I would need to see photos of your neck to determine the answer. It sounds like your neck was "skeletonized" and one would need to add tissue as well as revise the rest.