Can I Have a Neck Lift 2 Years After a Full Facelift?

I had a full neck/face lift done at age 52 and now have some banding on my neck again two years later (although the crepiness has not returned thankfully. I am happy with everything else though. Can I have just my neck re-lifted? (The technique used originally did not include an incision under my chin area which makes me wonder). I did have extensive incisions around my ears, behind my hairline underneath and at my templs though. Thanks so much!

Platysma band in the neck

+1

If the neck was not opened from a submental ( under the chin) incisions, then you did not have treatment of the banding during your  last operation.

Platysmal bands are common after a facelift without platysmaplasty

+1

Most patients who undergo a facelift without an incision under the chin will have platysmal banding since this wasn't addressed with their original procedure.  You are most likely a candidate for a platysmaplasty with or without the addtion of postauricular incisions to relift your neck.

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift 2 years after facelift

+1

Yes you may have a neck lift two years after your facelift. The neck lift will remove any fat in the neck, tighten the muscles and release the bands, which should have been done at the time of the original facelift.  

Necklift 2 years after facelift is one option.

+1

Besides a necklift, you may or may not be a candidate for a platysmaplasty. It is unfortunate that you have "bans" recurring so soon after a facelift which normally lasts 10 or more years, unless it is a minilift.

Re-Do Neck Lift

+1
A Face and Neck Lift should last more than two years. Without information on how your neck was addressed during your operation two years ago, it is hard to explain the structural relapse you complain of. Neck muscle banding can be smoothed temporarily with Botox. It can also be smoothed and tightened with a Platysmaplasty, where the muscle pillars are joined and the neck is tightened. A good Plastic surgeon would best adviseyou on your options.

Muscle bands reappearing after neck lift

+1

you might benefit from a localized focal platysmaplasty procedure in which the muscle bands of the neck are tightened together through a small incision under the chin rather than lifting the neck skin to the ears.

Ronald Shelton, MD