5 days post Neck Lift, Platysmaplasty, Submental Liposuction, I'm starting to have swelling & pain on both sides of neck. photo

below the ear I'm thinking in the lymph node area. Is this normal or should I contact my doctor? It hurts to turn head far left or right it's kinda in the neck muscle area on sides of neck The pain and swelling is just where I'm pointing too. I'm five days post op

+2
"Should you contact your doctor?" You are kidding - right? YES CALL YOUR operative surgeon ASAP for instructions and care...

Swelling and Discomfort Normal in Most Cases after Neck Lift

+1
Although your photos do not show any dramatic swelling that would be seen with a hematoma or seroma requiring immediate attention, by all means contact your surgeon and go in for an evaluation. The most likely cause will be an enlarged lymph node and/or internal stitching as a cause of the pain. Your surgeon knows best.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Pain starting 5 days later

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  It sounds and looks pretty typical at this point but I would advise you to revisit this with your operating surgeon.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

5 Days Postop

+1
If you are 5 days postop, I would definitely contact your Surgeon about any and all concerns.  You are pointing to the area where the greater auricular nerve exits the space behind the sternocleidomastoid muscle.  This may be inflamed or irritated, but should be evaluated first by your Surgeon.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon