50 yr old pre Neck Lift by Lipo Laser, based on my photos, do you think this is the right procedure for me? (photos)

I'm over 50 and I'm going to be doing the neck lipo/lazer procedure to conture the neck and slightly tighten the skin. These are my before pictures. I'm very excited! There is such a difference in opinion about this procedure. Feedback from doctors or public welcome.

Laser lipo neck lift

+2
I think you are a borderline candidate to get a really good result from this procedure, as you have mostly loose skin and not a lot of excess fat. Nevertheless, I have been personally surprised by the level of correction and patient satisfaction I have gotten in these types of cases. The procedure can be done virtually without scars and under local anesthesia. If you don't get the level of correction you were looking for, a conservative skin excision or "neck lift" can easily be done to tidy up the result. Good luck! 

Cumberland Plastic Surgeon

Submental Lipo will help tighten your neck

+1
Thank you for posting a photo. You may be a candidate for Submental Smartlipo, I recommend consulting with your surgeon. Submental to the neck will remove unwanted fat deposits while tightening the skin. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Combined procedures are often the best.

+1
Liposuction of the jawline to improve the jowls would do good and a neck surgery such as a platysmaplasty to tighten the neck muscles would be great also and both can be done together under local to give the best results. sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Best procedure for your neck

+1
Based on the photos provided, you are likely to get a very subtle if any improvement from lase or laser and lipo treatment of the neck as the skin and muscles are lax. There are times when a "mini" procedure only gives a "mini" result. I would suggest discussing the degree of improvement anticipated by your surgeon and be sure this matches your expectations.

Stanley G. Poulos, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Laser tightening

+1
Thank you for your pictures. Laser procedures to give you some correction skin tightening.  The scanning your pictures it's too much to ask laser to correct. I think that you would need a facelift that also treats the neck would be appropriate.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Necklift with Laser, Although There is No Fat

+1
This kind of loose skin may shrink up some with a controlled laser application under the skin, like Precision (formerly Sidelaze), a device made by Cynosure that is a smaller version of the handpiece used for treating cellulite on the Cellulaze platform. The treatment is based on the controlled application of heat which is monitored by the Thermalguide sensor that turns the laser off if the temperature exceeds the chosen level, 43-45 degrees centigrade or less for neck skin.
The results: less than a surgical necklift. The risks, removal of subcutaneous fat, making an aging, thin neck, look more aged and thinner. If done, the laser should be turned only up against the skin, to minimize removal of fat. Fat removal should not be a part of this procedure for a patient without visible fat excess, a condition not shown in these photographs. A defatted, scarred and thin neck is very hard to correct, if not impossible.  
So, be aware of the nature of the laser that is going to be used, and be clear about goals and expectations. 
Sometimes, we get overly excited about non-surgical rejuvenation methods, but don't forget, unless the procedure is done from the outside, like the application of heat from a treatment head, it is invasive: the laser and instruments go under the skin.
You really need an operation on the skin itself and the platysma muscle to get a good, youthful "contouring" of the neck. Only skin will be partially treated with the laser.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction for the neck

+1
As you have gathered, laser liposuction for your neck is a second rate procedure for the loose muscles, loose skin and cervicomental angle you have.

A facelift and neck lift will give your best result.  A neck lift alone would be preferable to liposuction by any technique, including laser liposuction.

Laser liposuction also has the very undesirable side effect of melting the fat underneath the neck, revealing glands, muscles, etc. that can give a sinewy appearance.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Sticking your neck out

+1
Looks like from the photos you have very little fat in your neck, just a little over the jowls.It appears you have some loose skin and platysmal muscle bands on your neck and the photos are taken with the neck in extension. So I would guess with your neck in a neutral position they are likely worse.If these assumptions are correct a surgical neck/lower facelift is the way to go in my humble opinion.Think the laser lipo likely to be not enough bang for the buck.

Robert Savage, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

50 yr old pre Neck Lift by Lipo Laser, based on my photos, do you think this is the right procedure for me?

+1
I'm sorry to disappoint you but any results you see will be very minimal and probably you will see no change at all. I have several new patients a year that went somewhere for that procedure and tell me it was a total waste of their money. And then they have to spend more to get the problem corrected the right way. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

You are not a good candidate

+1
I would agree with previous posts. You main issue is excess skin. Laser lipo is a god procedure on younger patients with more fat than loose skin.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon