Can a Neck Lift Help Me? (photo)

I'm 36 y.o. and I've lost 140 pounds with VSG. While I'm still at a 30 BMI, my weight loss has stopped and I've held steady for the past 4 months or so. I exercise daily and eat well to maintain the loss. I don't like the slope of skin and fat from my chin to the base of my neck. I don't expect a perfect 90 degree angle, but just wants some sort of neck-like shape and definition. Do I look like a good candidate for a neck lift? Or something else?

Neck thinning and lift

+2

Thank you for the question and the photo.  Yes, a neck lift will help tremendously.  Your neck contour is defined by two factors both of which will have to be addressed: excess fat above and below the muscle, and excess  laxity of the skin and muscle.  A neck lift will provide access to correct both of these issues.

Dr Remus Repta

Yes a Neck Lift Can Totally Help you

+2

You have extra fat in your neck and neck laxity most likely. A neck lift would be the best way to contour your neck. You could do liposuction for more subtle results.  There are many ways to carry out the neck lift. The most effective way is to completely remove the neck fat above and below the platysma muscle and to corset the muscle as much as possible. There are ways to take short cuts but you want someone to do a complete job and not rush through this procedure.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift after Major Weight Loss

+2
  • It is very common to be left with an abundance of loose skin of the neck after massive weight loss. In many cases a neck lift can dramatically help patients such as yourself improve the contour and overall appearance of the neck.  
  • I definitely recommend meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out exactly how the operation is performed and what sort of recovery period you may expect
  • Best of luck to you!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

Can a Neck Lift Help Me?

+2

YES! Seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. I recommend IV sedation with local or even light general anesthesia with local. Fee range from $5,000 to $10,000. 

A Neck Lift would be great and pretty easy to undergo under local.

+2

Lower face/neck lifts do very nice and can be done under local anesthesia easily. A little liposuction and possibly a platysmaplasty can be done also to give the best results for around $8500. Your improvement could be dramatic and so worth it. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Necklift after Massive Weight Loss

+2

After massive weight loss, patients frequently have some loose skin.  The neck can be addressed with neck defatting and face and neck lift to remove the loose skin as well.  A platsymaplasty can be performed at the same time if necessary.

Neck lift candidate?

+2

From your pictures, it does appear that you would possibly be a candidate for a neck lift (or lower face lift).  Normally with this procedure, the skin on the upper neck and under the chin would be tightened and improve the angle between the chin and neck.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift

+1
I would suggest a facelift. This would allow for the removal of excess fat in your neck, tightening the excess neck skin and defining your jaw line. If you don't want that much surgery, a neck liposuction would give you some improvement.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Neck Lift Candidate?

+1

From your pictures it appears as if you would be a great candidate for neck lift surgery. Most neck lift surgeries include platysmaplasty (tightening of neck muscles) with liposuction in certain cases. I advise you to make an appointment with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to further help you with the decision. Good Luck and congratulations on your recent weight loss! “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift Candidate

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss. You would benefit from a necklift to correct the skin laxity and to adddress the obtuse angle at which your neck muscles insert in your neck.  A suture suspension necklift would help improve the angle, but there are limitations to how much improvement can be obtained. All the best.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon