What's the Best Solution for my Neck?

I plan on having a chin augmentation done in conjunction with a neck lift. I have gone to 4 different plastic surgeons for consuls and each gave a different diagnosis for how to address the neck lift. Their recommendations ranged from just using liposuction to using liposuction in conjunction with removing excess skin and altering neck muscles. How should I go about determining which physician’s recommendation is the best way to go for my situation?

Go with the surgeon with the most experience and who you feel the most comfortable with

+1

I would suggest to go with the surgeon who has the most experience in this area.  You should also choose based on who you feel the most comfortable with. 

Without photos, it is hard to give my recommendation on what combination of treatments is appropriate.  If you would like to send pictures, please contact me.

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info

Best method to perform necklift

+1

It's difficult to give you much detail about which method would be best without seeing your neck.

There is quite a range of options when it comes to improving the neck. Neck liposuction (along with a chin implant if indicated) can create quite an improvement to the neck in the right patient.

An important consideration is whether your skin is elastic enough to redrape appropriately after surgery. A facelift to remove excess skin and tighten the underlying muscles of the neck may be needed if this is the case.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/facelift-midface-lift

Neck solution

+1

Each doctor may have seen something differently.  It is like a chef or a painter, each artist does it a bit differently.

Neck best solution

+1

You did not state your age and you did not provide photographs. Therefore, it is
very difficult to adequately answer your question in a satisfactory manner to determine
what technique would be best suited for you. However, you did learn a lesson. There
are many ways to skin a cat! Each surgeon will offer recommendations and perform
procedures based on his or her experience and results. There is no “standard” way to
perform almost any plastic surgical procedure. There are many superb artists who will
paint excellent paintings but they will paint them in a different manner. In choosing
the surgeon for you, it would be prudent for you to evaluate several factors: credentials,
experience, aesthetic sense, recommendations from other patients, history of good results.
Also, it is most important for you to use your best judgment as to what makes the most sense to you and for you to get a good feeling about the integrity and skill of the surgeon. By all means, don’t use pure simplicity or costs as the important criteria for what to do.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best solution for neck

+1

You failed to post any photos, so very hard to give an accurate answer. If you have excess skin than excision of the skin is needed. You at least have seen enough surgeons. Did any of them agree?

From MIAMI Dr. B

More surgery tends to mean greater results but at a higher risk: what are you willing to undergo?

+1

Generally the more agressive you are, the more dramatic the result. Of course there will be a potentially greater number of complications. It comes down to a matter of risk tolerance and risk/reward ratios.

Best procedures for neck.

+1

If you have sagging skin and you're over 40, you need a facelift including removal of the excess skin. If you don't have any sagging, under 30, you probably have fat only if it is a double chin. See an experienced facelift surgeon and ask him why he is recommending his procedure vs. the others. 

Options for your neck

+1

The neck lift is a quick way to reduce jowls, eliminate a double chin, slim the bands of muscle that form the wattle, and tighten neck skin. Often, liposuction alone can help resculpt this area and tighten loose skin. Today with Smart Lipo ,light can provide finer resculpturing of the neck and jowls. If greater tightening of the skin is required, it can often be done with tiny incisions behind the ear. These procedures can be performed as an outpatient without the need for general anesthesia allowing for a quick recovery. It's possible to do this on a Friday and be back to work on Monday!

Thermage® is now a safe, non-invasive, radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure that’s clinically proven to help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger looking appearance. The treatment delivers natural looking results with little to no downtime —on all skin colors, on and off the face, all in a single procedure. Fast and easy, you can even come in during your lunch break and return to work after!

Thermage® uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep, collagen rich layers of your skin. The heat helps tighten existing collagen and stimulate the formation of new collagen, which reduces sagging, renews contours, and improves the smoothness and texture of the skin’s surface. Comfort Pulse Technology, including a vibrating handpiece delivers enhanced patient comfort.On the face, Thermage® can treat sagging skin, loose jowls, lack of definition in the jaw line, sagging neck skin (“turkey neck”), wrinkles and fine lines, and lack of definition in the lips.

Neck lift and liposuction

+1

Some people would do the liposuction first and see how you heal and then do more surgery if needed, but if it has been recommended that you need to tighten the platsyma neck muscle, then liposuction alone would not be enough and you will be more happy, probably, with a neck llft. Try to see if your other physicians have heard of the names of the surgeons with whom you have consulted and get feedback that way.