Downtime and Duration of Neck Lift Surgery?

I do not mind some lines and wrinkles but I HATE the chicken neck look I have! I am 62 years old and trying to grow old with some grace, but this trully bothers me. How much downtime can I expect from Neck Lift surgery? How long does the procedure last? I appreciate you responding. Thank you.

Nseck Lift Recovery Is 10 Days to Two Weeks Should Last 10 Years

+4

Down time is the time it takes for bruising to resolve. You will be up and around the next day. Bruising can last two weeks.

The duration of the result depends on your skin quality and the quality of your result.

Younger patients with healthy thick skin and a good result can expect a 10 year result.

Patients with thin sun damaged fair skin can need revision as early as two years.

If your neck is tight at 3-6 weeks after surgery you should expect a long lasting result.

Neck Lift Recovery

+1

Neck lift recovery varies from patient to patient and depends on a large number of variables.  These include the wound healing characteristics of the patient and the type of procedure performed.

Most patients feel pretty good in about four to five days, but their primary concerns are when they will look good enough to go out in public.  Recovery following neck lift surgery may last for months, but most patients feel they can go out in public in about two weeks.  At this point, most of the bruising and swelling have resolved.

It’s important to emphasize that recovery periods are variable and depend not only on the patients would healing characteristics and the surgical technique utilized, but also on the patients tolerance for changes that may occur following neck lift surgery.

It’s also important to realize that neck lifts turn the clock back, but don’t stop the clock form ticking.  Most surgeons will tell you that the procedure will generally last about ten years.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Down time after neck lift

+1

You may have some bruising and swelling which can last up to two weeks, but you will be up and around the next day.  I usually tell my patients no physical exercise for about 4-6 weeks.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Necklift Recovery and Duration

+1

The Neck Lift involves minimal post-operative discomfort and downtime. Pain medication is prescribed, but it is unlikely it will be needed for more than a day or two following your procedure. Most patients return to work or social activities ten to fourteen days after surgery. Strenuous physical exercise should be avoided for four to six weeks following a neck lift as it can trigger swelling. You will continue to age, however a necklift is long lasting and should last approximately 10 years.  Best of luck! Dr. Clevens

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift Recovery and Duration

+1

Downtime from a neck lift tends to be to be 1 to 2 weeks.  Duration of a neck lift is generally seven to 10 years.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Neck Lift Surgery?

+1

Based on your description face/neck lifing is  indicated. Nonsurgical options tend to be ineffective;  be very careful because you will be offered these non-surgical treatments that will likely leave you disappointed.

You can expect one to two  weeks of “downtime”;  procedure time about three hours.

Corset neck lift

+1

I have done many neck lifts in the past several years and only since I have performed the corset platysmaplasty have I had consistent, durable result that my patients love. Furthermore, when I place reston foam on the neck after surgery, the bruising is minimized and most patients can return to work in 7-10 days.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Neck Lift Downtime

+1

A neck lift supports the platysma muscles in the neck and the excess skin is redraped and removed. It sounds like this may be an appropriate procedure for what you describe.

Everyone has some bruising and swelling after the surgery. The bruising is is gone in one to two weeks for most individuals. Everyone is different and some people bruise easier than others. The two week time frame seems to apply to most patients. Most of my patients can go out to dinner or attend social functions two weeks after surgery.

Here are a couple of hints to help minimize the bruising.

1. Before surgery, the patient should avoid blood thinning medications or supplements such as aspirin, Advil, Motrin and Aleve. Vitamin supplements especially vitamin E can also contribute to more bruising and should be avoided about 2 weeks prior to surgery.
  2. I also recommend that my patients use arnica montanica. They start this the night before surgery and take it for about 5 days after the surgery. Bruising seems to go away about 3-4 days sooner in patients who use the arnica montanica.

The swelling tends to last longer. Most of the swelling, say 80%, is gone in the first couple of weeks, but the remaining swelling gradually goes away over the next several months. Although this residual swelling is relatively minor, you may not see the final result of your surgery until 3-6 months after the procedure.

In my experience, a neck lift which supports the deeper neck tissues lasts about 7-10 years. Again this varies depending on the individual and the type of tissues they have.

James H. Schmidt, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift downtime

+1

A neck lift is great to improve loose skin and platysma banding in the neck. This is often combined with a facelift in patients that have jowling. The downtime is about 1-2 weeks.

It depends on the surgeon and the surgery.

+1

Usually the bruising is gone  2-3 weeks after a neck lift. Each person can have a different amount. The final result will not be apparent for about 6 months.