I suppose it depends on the patient; but what is the ballpark range cost for a Neck lift? Thank you.
Neck Lift Ballpark Cost Range?
Doctor Answers 7
Promoted Local Answer
Cost of Neck Lift
Cost or price in cosmetic surgery varies greatly, but is very similar among plastic surgeons in your area.
Neck lift plastic surgery fees vary based on several factors including:
- specific cosmetic procedure
- potential insurance coverage for part of procedure
- difficulty of procedure
- special equipment or implants
- training and expertise of plastic surgeon
- reputation of plastic surgeon
- combined procedures
The surgeon's fee is just one factor which affects the decision in choosing a plastic surgeon for cosmetic surgery. Anesthesia or surgical facility fees may be included or separate. Typically neck lift price ranges from approximately $3000 to $10,000, with extremes on either end. Best of luck.
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Neck Lift Price Range Determination
Cost For Neck Lift Determination Factors (Range $7000-$20,000+)
Neck Lift prices vary greatly because the the procedure itself encompasses a wide range of techniques and surgical approaches that can be performed to different extents- for example, Your plastic surgeon will evaluate you for five main features that will determine your best options for improvement:
1.Amount of excess fat (needs lipo or direct removal).
2.Presence of Significant Platysmal Banding (requires playsmaplasy or Botox)
3.Amount of excess Skin and condition of your skin. For example younger age, darker skin colors and no large weight loss history means there will be better elasticity and therefore better post surgical contraction. In milder cases if not too much fat is present there will be enough skin shrinkage with just lipo alone. However for moderate and severe skin redundancy a neck lift or lower facelift (e.g.Lite Lift®, MACS and others),
is needed with or without lipo for best results. Mild to minimal skin tightening using non surgical means like the Sciton Laser SkinTyte procedure, Ultherapy or Thermage could also be considered.
4. Chin deficiency (without adequate chin support your neckline will suffer)
5.Presence of prominent Digastric Muscles or Submandibular gland fullness from laxity or enlargement (partial resection usually best solution).
My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons that are board certified by either the American Board of Plastic Surgery, or Facial Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. Factors that influence the price include:
1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office?
2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?
3. Overnight stay in hospital, post care facility or nurse to go to your home?
4. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship trained.
The fee for a neck lift varies aroudn the country and in NYC may run about $8000-$10000. Most patients that are candidates for a neck lift often need a facelift.
You might also like...
The cost for a neck lift is approximately $4500. This price includes fees for the operating room, anesthesia, and surgeon’s fee for performing the procedure.
It depends on the surgeon and the surgery.
You get pretty much what you pay for! Some patients just need a little while others take three times the amount of time and therefore, the cost will vary widely. Are you speaking of an experienced facelift surgeon or someone who has been out a year or two.
The cost depends on the type of neck lift and type of anesthesia
But the range is aprox $3,000 to $6,000, again depending on the type of neck lift. A submentoplsty is the least expensive option. A submentoplasty involves tightening the platysma muscle and sometimes removing muscle, fat and skin directly under the chin.
Many different options for neck lift
You are correct; it does vary depeding on the procedure, surgeon's fees, operatory costs and choice of anesthesia.
Neck lifts can be done:
- with or without liposuction
- with or without chin implants
- with or without a face lift
- through an anterior approach
- through a posterior approach
- with minimally invasive suspension devices
Depending on these factors the costs can vary from as little as $1500 but range up to $12,000.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.