Had a Lower Facelift and Neck Lift and Have Knots and a Pocket of Puss. Will it go Away?

I had a lower face lift and neck lift I have some big knots neck I had the surgery 3 weeks ago. drained blood and pus from my neck.We didn't notice the soft knot on my
neck,it is a pus pocket I guess.Will it go away ?

Pockets of pus after facelift

+2

It is not usual to have collections of pus in the neck after a facelift. Perhaps you had a small hematoma or seroma instead. Keep in close contact with your surgeon.

Pus reom facelift and blood?

+2

No this is not the norm. A soft knot in yor neck can be many things some permanent some not. See your surgeon and have a dialog with him. He and only he can guide you thru this uncomfortable time

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Healing after a face lift

+1

Hello Suzy,

Thank you for the question.  I have not seen (yet) in my own practice "pus" during the healing phase of healing.  Pus or purulent material indicates infection and should be evaluated as such.  If this occurs many weeks after a procedure in the presence of suture material the suture should be cosidered contaminated and discussion about washing the area out and or removing the sutures should be entertained.  I would have your plastic surgeon take a look at you and evaluate what is occurring.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Pocket of Pus 3 Weeks after Lower Face and Neck Lift

+1

If there is an infection, it needs to be treated.  You need to discuss this with your plastic surgeon and be examined.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

See surgeon..

+1

Knots draining blood and pus after facelift is unusual. Assuming you have been placed on antibiotics, I would suggest you see you surgeon frequently to manage these issues.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Knots and pockets are absolutely not normal after facelift.

+1

Hi.

What does your plastic surgeon say?  You should be seeing her or him every few days,and perhaps you should get another opinion.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Fluid collections in the neck after surgery.

+1

Patients may get seromas in their neck after surgery but having pus in your neck is not normal.  Your surgeon should know about this, so proper treatment can be begun.  With prompt care this unfortunate event should pass quickly.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD