After Neck and Jowl Lipo - Wrinkles w/o Compression Garment

I was told to only wear the next compression garment for 4 days-24 hours a day. So I stop wearing it, now I have notice wrinkle are starting to appear, will it help if I start wearing the comperession garment again durning the day and night for the next few weeks. I haven't wore it for two weeks since the surgery.

Neck lipo and swelling

+1

You are early in the healing process. It is normal for the colors of bruises to change as they heal. Its always best to have the strap on to reduce fluid accumulation. My protocol is 4 weeks but every surgeon is a bit different based on the procedure and/or combination of procedures. Swelling can remain for many months and the skin softens over time as well.

Chin Liposuction

+1

We have our patients wear it for 6 weeks to diminish swelling and aid in the contour. Thank you for your questions and good luck with everything.

Web reference: http://www.elitemdspa.info/

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment Needed

+1

I recommend the compression garment to all of my patients for 4 weeks. All day for the first week. After that it is only necessary to wear it at night. This helps the skin tighten as much as possible. Some people are not a good candidate for this procedure due to skin laxity. In these cases the skin does not tighten once the fat is removed.

Wrinkles and adhesions. Not the same thing.

+1

Liposuction beneath the neck does not cure neck wrinkles.  They might have been temporarily improved by swelling.  An adhesion:  abnormal attachment of the skin to the muscle is something else entirely.  See you doctor to be sure that isn't what it is.  Admit your non-complicance with the garment to him/her.

Jawline/neck liposuction wrinkles improve over 4 month time.

+1

I have patients wear the head wrap for 24 hr then just at night for the next month.  It takes 4 months to see the end result so be patient and expect wrinkles during that time.

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lower face and neck liposuction is great.

+1

Donna 

Lower face and neck liposuction can be great but it is not a substitute for a facelift if that is what you needed.  TIme will tell.  Sometimes things that are present right after a procedure have a way of resolving themselves.  Ultimately, it what is bothering you does not settle down and resolve to your satisfaction, you will need a more powerful procedure to address your concerns.  The good news is that the facial liposuction in no way prevents you from having a facelift down the road if you ultimately need that.  I would give your recent procedure time to heal (at least 6 months) before making up your mind about a facelift.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com