Neck / Jawline Definition? (photo)

Im 26 and I would like to have a defined jawline.. As u can see in my pics I have excess skin/fat in this area. I believe its mostly skin cause when im not smilling I believe the shape is normal.. What procedur would u recomend for this. Buccal fat removed, neck lipo, neck lifting?? Thanks

Liposuction and Ulthera for the neck - Los Angeles

+2

I would combine some chin and neck liposuction with Ulthera to tighten the lower face and upper neck areas. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Jaw line definition

+2

Thank you for asking about your jaw line.

1. Removing buccal fat, neck liposuction and neck lifting won't help.
  2. Your vertical smile line is a dimple, skin attached to underlying muscle. A minor skin release + fat transfer may help. 
  3. Your jaw muscles look a little heavy in the photo. If you grind your teeth, Botox injections may decrease the masseter. Otherwise enjoy your youth and natural beauty. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Neck / Jawline Definition?

+2

Given that this is a problem during animation, I would not offer a surgical procedure for this. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction does nicely to trim up jowls and jawlines.

+2

Liposuction under local with the micro cannulas do really nice to trim up the jawline and jowls and is easy to under go for roughly $2500 on special. Sincerely,David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction above the angle of the jaw is seldom indicated.

+2

I don't see anything in the photograph worthy of surgical treatment. In general the fat above the angle of the jaw should be preserved except in special cases. The buccal fat pad is not part of this is sometimes reduced for aesthetic reasons.

Facial Bunching When Smiling May Not Be Improveable

+2

While your pictures are a little restrictive, it appears you are looking at the pad of tissue outside of the corners of your mouth when you smile. Since that is a dynamic animation problem (only occurs when you smile) it is not likely to be a solveable issue. Small cannula liposuction done directly to the area is the only treatment possibility but, at best, it can only make it appear a little smaller and is not capable of making it go completely away. This area has nothing to do with your jawline/neck definition however.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Pictures of Front, Lateral. and 3/4 of each side (5 PHOTOS) are a must for assessment!

+2

Sorry but your photos do not show me enough to  pass judgement.  In general if fat is the problem, liposuction is the solution.  I just cant tell much from your photos.  Send some new photos and that will make it easier to advise you.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

A thorough evaluation would be needed

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  The options for contouring the jaw line include liposuction below the jaw, fat grafting at the jaw line, implant, buccal fat pad removal, ulthera for tightening, face lift for tightening.  As you can see there are many options and which ones would be best for you will depend on what you would like to accomplish and which ones have the best pros and cons for you.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD