Would a Neck/facelift Help in my Case?

I'm a lean man in his mid 40s, and in the last year, my loose neck and facial skin has really come to bother me. Luckily, I have a strong jawline, chin & cheek. The problem is that when I look down or bend down, my face REALLY sags. My neck skin is also loose. When I'm looking straight ahead, anyone would say I'm not a candidate for a lift, and I know that. However, I really hate the big sag that occurs when I tilt my head downward. I'm so self conscious about it, that I actually move less.

Neck lift Options

+1

Not every neck must be or needs to be the same to address patient issues.  Liposuction and conservative neck skin resection may be fine.  Liposuction, neck skin resection, and muscle tightening may be fine.  Sometimes, a face and neck lift is more appropriate. 

Perhaps volume rejuvenation and or Ulthera might help

+1

Thank you for the question.  Facial rejuvenation requires an in depth analysis and discussion.  There are many options available including several minimal and non invasive modalities such as Ulthera.  The minimal and non invasive modalities may be a good starting point.

Dr Remus Repta 

Web reference: Http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Improving the upper neck line

+1

Without a photo or an exam it is hard to tell. From your description however it would appear that you would be a candidate for a Lite Lift, MACS lift, modified neck lift or one of the other mini facelifts to improve your upper neck appearance. See a well qualified facelift expert for their advice.

Sagging Male Neck

+1

Facelifts are definitely appropriate for men especially if "jowling" is apparent.  If it is just isolated neck skin sag then there may be some consideration for isolated treatment of the neck. Evaluation of your particular situation is best done by a board certified PS.

Dr. ES

Face/neck lift for early aging changes

+1

Early aging changes are often the most gratifying to treat - skin texture remains young, healing is quicker than in older patients, and results are more natural.

When your face and neck are loose, sagging, or droopy, lifting is probably the best solution. From your description, you would likely be satisfied, but only an in-person examination with an expert facial surgeon will really let you know what to expect.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Young Man's Facelift

+1

As a young man, you may be a candidate for a necklift rather than a facelift.  While there is no comparison regarding the results of a facelift, young patients with only a mild amount of skin redundancy may get a great result with less surgery.

A necklift involves limited incisions around the ear and less dissection of the tissues of the neck.  The deep tissues are then lifted superiorly and sutured in place.  This allows us to then remove some of the extra sagging neck skin.  The incisions are then closed with sutures that will melt away.  If done properly, the resulting scars are nearly impossible to find.

The difference in cost at the University of Colorado Hospital between a Facelift and Necklift is approximately $4000, so worth thinking about.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift: A consultation with a reputable surgeon will likely be worth the trip.

+1

Many will give you speculative answers but this is no substitute for a consultation with a board-certifed plastic surgeon or pictures at the very least of what you are talking about.

A consultation with a reputable surgeon will likely be worth the trip.

An isolated neck lift should do the trick!

+1

As stated by others, there are many types of facelift out there and it can be quite confusing.  You might consider non-invasive therapies initially if you are completely averse to surgery (e.g. radiofrequency or ultrasonic devices), but these are unlikely to provide the same result as some sort of neck lift.  Depending on the status of aging of your cheeks (and jowl formation), you may benefit from limited incision lift (in my hands, around the earlobes and behind the ear), thus staying away from a full facelift.  When choosing a physician, the key is that your physician is experienced and can show you their favorable results for your type of situation, not "Board" certification.  Good luck!. 

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male Face lift.

+1

This is an early sign of needing a face lift.

You should get a good to excellent result because you -

• are young
  • fit
  • have strong bones.

Compared to women, men having face lifts are more likely to bleed during and after facial surgery. Bleeding tests may be needed before surgery. Be sure your blood pressure is normal before surgery. 

Men often heal faster. Many of male patients often are in public within a week.

Best wishes!

Facelift in middle aged men

+1

Your concerns are common ones, especially in the "FaceTime" and "Skype" days.

From what you describe, you sound like you may be a candidate for one of the "short scar" facelift techniques.  However, without examining you (or at least seeing pictures), it is not possible for me to give you an accurate assessment.  I recommend that you find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area and schedule a consultation - they will be able to give you personalized information based on your desires and specific problem areas.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Hall