Neck Creases/rolls (photo)

I am not overweight and only in my mid 20's. Ever since I was little I've had these neck rolls. What can I do to get rid of them!

Neck Roll Management

+1
Neck rolls are typically from localized fat collection in your neck. The reasons for this are multifactorial - for example "runs in the family", related to your weight, hormonal, congenital,etc. Liposuction using fine cannulas are very helpful for this. If loose skin is an issue then some non invasive treatments like Ultherapy, Thermage, Thermi-RF, or the Sciton Laser BBL SkinTyte are good options as well

Neck creases and folds in a trim patient in her 20s

+1

Additional side and three quarter views would be helpful.  Of course a physical exam will help tell the degree of tethering of the creases.  If  the tissues are relatively pliable, that is a good sign. 

It should be possible to get a decent if not perfect improvement with some form of liposuction.  My current preference for a problem like this would be one of the laser lipoplasty technologies, due to the superior retraction that seems to occur.  Some good doctors might take issue with this, but my opinion is based on 20 plus years of experience with all types of lipoplasty..

If the side view reveals an abnormality of the underlying platysma muscle, this may also need to be corrected.  Sometimes the muscle is congenitally short, in which case a release can be helpful.

Aftercare is very important with this type of neck, since the measures to set the skin into a proper new position are almost as important as the surge itself.

John Q. Cook, MD

Neck Creases/rolls (photo)

+1

Photos shows double neck creases. Very hard to correct. I might try are test area with the CELLULAZE on 10 watts to see if a release can be obtained. 

Neck rolls

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern.  Horizontal neck creases are typically not easy to treat with any method

Sam Naficy, MD

Neck Lift Candidate?

+1

Without pictures or direct examination it is now possible to give you good advice. Consultation with several well experienced  board-certified plastic surgeons will be helpful.

Neck creases and neck lines are difficult

+1

The only options for these are fillers along those lines, fat grafting, the YoungVolumizer, or neck resurfacing.  Below is an example of a video that helps to answer this question for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck creases

+1

There is nothing that can be done about neck creases or rolls.  These are neck flexion creases and are present in infants as well.  They allow the skin to have flexion when turning the head and everyone has them.  

There are options, Ultherapy, chin implant, liquid facelift

+1

There are options, Ultherapy, chin implant, liquid facelift.  It would be easier if you could provide a photo, please feel free to send to me through my website.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

What to do with neck rolls?

+1

I'd have to see photos of your neck and neck rolls to make any evaluation and comments.  At 20, I can't imagine these are anything but extra fatty tissue.

Too Young to Have Neck Rolls

+1

The most likely cause of neck laxity when you are in your 20's is a weak chin.  A chin implant would not only improve the neck profile but also balance the face.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon