Neck and Chin Are Lopsided After Laser Lipo

Just had neck and jowl laser lipo. My neck is now lopsided. will this correct itself and when?

Lopsided neck after liposuction.

+2

Sometimes the swelling may be so different between the 2 sides that it appears lopsided. If it is not about the same after 6-12 weeks then you may need a revision. 

You may need revision of liposuction of the neck and chin.

+1

Hi.

The result of liposuction of the neck and chin ought to be pretty symmetrical right away. Of course, don't do anything for four months, but I am afraid you may need a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Lopsided neck after liposuction

+1

Swelling can be considerable and asymmetric (unequal sides) but you should call your surgeon to have it examined in case there is a collection of blood or serum (hematoma or seroma). These are fluid collections that may resolve or may be drawn off with a small needle and observed. Swelling can take weeks to resolve. It is prudent to see your doctor immediately, especially if this was a quick onset.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Wait for swelling to subside after Laser Lipo

+1

Eventhough I do not like laser lipo, you have to be patient. After any form of liposuction, it genreally takes between 6 weeks or longer for most of the swelling to subside by. If it persists after 12 weeks, you may need revision of the liposuctioned site.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Asymmetry may resolve with time

+1

The asymmetry you describe may be fleeting or may require some treatment.  For example, you may have a small fluid accumulation which may need aspiration. You may have swelling that may resolve. You may also have fat that was not removed adequately.  You don't give enough information for me to say, and obviously, the time since surgery is important.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Uneven facial neck swelling after face or neck lift.

+1

This depends on how soon after. If it is in the first week, I would be patient as it could be due to several factors. Of course, I would bring this up with your surgeon to exclude the possiblity of a hematoma or seroms. However, uneveness is commonly due to garment wear or even sleeping with your head to one side at night.

Asymmetry can happen with any surgery

+1

It would be helpful to see what you are referring to. In absence of a photo, I would recommend waiting 2-3 months for the final result to settle and then discussing any concerns with your doctor.  Sometimes a minor revision can correct it.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon