Neck Looks the Same After Laser Lipo

It's 1 month since I had laser lipo under my neck. Not much fat needed 2 B removed just a little bump. I see no diff. People have had the same procedure w/ the same doctor, are in their 50's, & have great results in less time. I'm 30 so why not me? Why still this little bump under my chin?

Laser Liposuction

+1

One month is still early.  Wait 2 months before you evaluate further. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Swelling or fuid may make neck look same 1 month after Laser Lipo

+1

Typically, after Laser Assisted Liposuction of the neck you can see improvement early, certainly by 2-3 weeks.

You may have persistent swelling or fluid accumulation under the chin in the neck area. Massage and wearing the neck strap can help reduce swelling. If you have fluid accumulation then it may need to be removed by needle aspiration.

In some patients Laser Liposuction can cause an inflammation of the fat beneath the skin which can result in palpable lumps beneath the skin. This can usually be resolved nicely with massage.

If the skin feels normal and the amount of fat and skin in the double chin is the same as pre op. the surgeon may have tried to dissolve the fat with the laser and not aspirated or removed the fat. This should have been done. Alternatively the surgeon may have not been aggressive enough in treatment. If either is the case you should ask your surgeon for a revision

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Results of laser liposuction for the neck may vary from one individual to the next

+1

Unfortunately, the results of a surgical procedure are not 100% predictable. Results will vary greatly depending on the anatomy, technique, and variable responses.

Neck looks the same after laser lipo

+1

Without photos you can not expect us, the expert posters, to give an exact reason for your poor result. My guess is you need a touch up Smart Lipo.

From MIAMI Dr. B