Need Help With A Revision Neck Lift, Looking For LA Surgeon.

I had a face/necklift in August 2010. A month after it looked like too much fat removed and muscle was prominent. 6 months later surgeon did vy plasty said too much skin still. Looked great for one month and same thing happened. Have been to 3 other surgeons, all say this is tricky. Not enough fat left and muscle is prominent and skin is adhering. I am so depressed as the neck was the thing I went in for in the first place. Please help me with a facial doctor that is sincere in Los Angeles area.

Revision neck in LA

+3

So sorry about the trouble you have had.  You might want to contact Dr. Brent Moelleken in Beverly Hills as he is excellent and get a consultation with him.  Good luck.

Neck Lift redo

+3

These cases are often very difficult in nature.  However, it is possible to redo your neck lift and place a layer of fat under the neck to camouflage the area that is too thin.  In order to do this, a layer of fat with inner skin (dermis) needs to be taken from you arms, inner thigh, or abdomen.  Most often, we use the fat from the lower abdomen.  The 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch layer is then placed and sewn under the skin.  After about 6 months, the layer will become thinner but will retain about 1/2 its original thickness.  I have done this before in a facelift.  See the link below for the picture. 

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Revision neck lift after too much fat removal.

+3

I have done patients like you before but it is very involved surgery. If it is stuck down, I do a type of modified tummy tuck and remove a large piece or 2 pieces if it is on both sides and sew it in place.  Fat injections usually don't give good results since they tend to produce irregularities.

I can help - in Beverly Hills

+1

I have vast experience with revision neck lift surgery and would be more than happy to evaluate you.  Please contact my office to schedule a cosultation.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Neck Lift Video: Neck Lift Revision and Fat grafting could be the answer

+1

If too much fat was taken out and your neck has prominent muscles then you could benefit from a revision neck lift and / or fat grafting. The prominent neck muscles may just need to be tightened more and with a better technique.  Many times when you don't tighten the muscle enough the banding shows more.  So revising your neck could be the answer. If there is not much fat you could do fat grafting to improve the lack of fat after the revision to tighten the neck even more.

Thanks Dr. Young

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Seeking Revision Neck Lift

+1

Without photos and preferrably seeing you in person to examine the skin and the muscle (platysma) below, the skin, it's impossible to make any recommendations.

Difficult neck surgery

+1

Dear patient,

My specialty is facial plastic surgery and I deal with difficult face and neck cases. I routinely perform revision facial surgeries. If you wish to have a consultation, please contact my office. visit my profile for contact information.

Thank you 

Kevin Sadati, DO